(Topic ID: 215691)

Please help will laser ball fit into scion xb.

By Mitch

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15256402299422437687941997641552 (resized).jpg
    20180505_212901 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I just bought a 2011 scion xb for hauling pins. I have a few questions before i make a long trip.

I know it says most games will fit but can you fit a dolly in with a game?

Aslo how do older games fit where you have to remove the head? for example will a wide body 80s game like lazerball ball fit in with the head?

Please feel free to share any scion xb stories or experiences you have had.

Thank
    Mitch

#2 5 years ago

I have a 2011 XB and ive hauled a couple of old games with the head detached and it fit just fine. I would think hauling a game and a dolly would be no problem at all. I have a buddy that hauls pins in a honda Fit and a dolly all the time and im pretty sure the XB has more room than a Fit does. I have no idea about a wide body game but i bet one would fit. The XB has quite a bit of room inside. I really like mine, nice cheap transportation and it drives and rides really good.

#3 5 years ago

Ive hauled at least a dozen games in my 2008 xB.

Every standard size pin ive tried has fit, even giant Gottlieb system 3 machines with the head still attached. Fitting a machine with a separate head is a snap, but bring plenty of moving blankets/cardboard to wrap the head in so it doesnt get all dinged up.

A Superpin wide body will fit, but I dunno about a bigass Bally like Paragon or Future Spa. Those have a massive back end.

Also! I have never been able to fit a pin and a dolly at the same time. You might be able to get away with this if you put the dolly on top of a headless body, but theres not enough room on the side for one. At least not the two dollies i've tried.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Ive hauled at least a dozen games in my 2008 xB.
    Every standard size pin ive tried has fit, even giant Gottlieb system 3 machines with the head still attached. Fitting a machine with a separate head is a snap, but bring plenty of moving blankets/cardboard to wrap the head in so it doesnt get all dinged up.
    A Superpin wide body will fit, but I dunno about a bigass Bally like Paragon or Future Spa. Those have a massive back end.
    Also! I have never been able to fit a pin and a dolly at the same time. You might be able to get away with this if you put the dolly on top of a headless body, but theres not enough room on the side for one. At least not the two dollies i've tried.

When you move pins with a separate head do you put the head on top of the body or beside.

#5 5 years ago

I put the head beside the body, angled a bit so it cant wobble about. There's not quite enough ceiling clearance to put it on top.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

I put the head beside the body, angled a bit so it cant wobble about. There's not quite enough ceiling clearance to put it on top.

Ok good to know. Might be picking up a Laser ball but it's 4 hours away and want to make sure it fits.
    Thought the head would fit onto as a system 3 fits with the head attached ( ontop)

#7 5 years ago

So I bought the Laser ball if anyone can comfirm I can fit it in the xb that would be amazing.

#8 5 years ago

Bally 6803 will not fit with the head folded down! I thought system 3 was the tallest machine with the head folded but I got a Hardbody and it is was too tall. I had to remove the head for it.

#9 5 years ago

Bump for any Sunday xb owners

#10 5 years ago

Last bump looking for a confirmation I can fit a lazer ball in. Im just worried as its a extra widebody pin.
    Leaving at 730 am for a 9 hour road trip.

#11 5 years ago

Just a update it fit no problem!!

20180505_212901 (resized).jpg20180505_212901 (resized).jpg

#12 5 years ago

Good deal! If it will haul that game it will probably haul any of them. Its hard to beat the XB, id buy another one if mine ever wears out. Do they still make Scion's? Seems like i heard that they was going to stop making them.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do they still make Scion's

Sadly no they don't. Toyota discontinued the scion brand last year.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Sadly no they don't. Toyota discontinued the scion brand last year.

Dang man that sucks. I liked them because they were a good value and they also had the no haggle pricing. Its nice to walk into a dealership and buy a car without going through all if the back and forth haggling bullshit. I hate to hear that for real.

#15 5 years ago

Mitch I am not certified so can not PM you but you have an old add looking for a genco lucky 7. I have one in my basement that we are looking to get rid of. If interested let me know.

15256402299422437687941997641552 (resized).jpg15256402299422437687941997641552 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

Wow that Genco is a real oddity and a true survivor. Mitch- buy it when you see it. Good luck,

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-scion-xb-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.