(Topic ID: 5062)

Questions for my interview of George Gomez for the 904 Pinball Zine?

By HighProtein

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by JWS64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I'll be doing a phone interview of George Gomez the new VP of game development at Stern
    in one week. My co-host/interviewer will be David Silverman of the National Pinball Museum.
    Post any question that you want me to pose to Mr Gomez and I'll get as many in as I can.
    Thanks

#2 12 years ago

Are Stern interested at all in doing any none TV/Film theme pinballs?

#3 12 years ago

Is Stern going to use a LCD display in the near future?

#4 12 years ago

Why, oh why did they not let him design Tron?

Shawn

#5 12 years ago

I added alot more questions to the 904 zine facebook post for the Gomez questions.

I think that should give you alot more stuff to work with. I hope they are worthy
    of bringing to the VP interview.

#6 12 years ago

What does he see for the future of pinball?

#7 12 years ago

Ask him if the 'TRON' sales in Europe are as Strong as predicted ?
    or less or more then expected ?

#8 12 years ago

Any game theme suggestions?
    My only suggestion is a UFC themed game.

No I don't want a Champion Pub gimmicked fighter in the middle,
    but some kind of integration of punches and kicks.
    MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) is HUGE! and growing world wide.

No other sport is growing as fast or is growing influence like it.
    The main concern would be the showcase of title holders which sometimes doesn't take long to change. Some hold a title for years but most titles change. If there are replacement plastics for other fighters then that could add presence of new champions.

#9 12 years ago

Any details about the upcoming Transformers Pro and LE?

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

Any details about the upcoming Transformers Pro and LE?

Yeah... Like... Is there any truth to the rumor that the Transformers:LE will cost between $8-10K?

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

any truth to the rumor that the Transformers:LE will cost between $8-10K?

Good question, I saw that report from the magazine as well.

#12 12 years ago

The idea of a theme based on a company ever been discussed - Eg Dr Pepper, M&M or Burger King - Possible funds coming from company to developed and use as a marketing tool.

For the buyer a cheaper pin, new theme and a lot of new development.

#13 12 years ago

Ask him,
    "How did you get such an awesome signature?"
    On account that it IS awesome!!!

#14 12 years ago

Great questions, in fact most good questions have already been asked. Any crazy/gimmicky ideas for future machines? Such as 13 ball multi-ball (Apollo 13) second playfield on the backglass (Banzai Run) starting every ball with multi-ball (Spring Break, Blackwater 100, etc.)

#15 12 years ago

Some good questions, the pricing is a great one.

#16 12 years ago

Not a question, but just to flatter him.. let him know that Johnny Mnemonic is one of my favorite pins.

Try and slip that in there. lol

1 week later
    #17 12 years ago

The interview has been delayed just a bit so Final Call for questions folks!

#18 12 years ago

Yeah, ask him if any is gonna transform in Transformers.

#19 12 years ago

ask him how tall does he weight? he'll get a kick out of that

#20 12 years ago

Does he have any extra Corvette backsplash decals he would be willing to sell?

#21 12 years ago

Ask him why they are selling pins through Best Buy, and why they chose them over other retailers, and how many sales do they expect to get?

#22 12 years ago

How much different will the Bestbuy pins be? What are the differences?

#23 12 years ago

ask him if Steve Ritchie is really working or just sleeping and pretending he is on the phone...
    no, really ask him if The Avengers is a rumor or not, and will he work on it?

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

How much different will the Bestbuy pins be? What are the differences?

There is no difference, same versions that are sold through distributors.

I wonder if they'll be setting up pins in stores and have people (players like us) go and sell them by doing demos with instructions.

#25 12 years ago

You could always invite them to join the Pinside forum and get in touch with pinball fans around the planet. What better way to get feedback on design ideas or to simply generate some hype (we've all seen how effectively JJP is using the internet for creating marketing buzz).

Does that count as a question?

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

You could always invite them to join the Pinside forum and get in touch with pinball fans around the planet. What better way to get feedback on design ideas or to simply generate some hype (we've all seen how effectively JJP is using the internet for creating marketing buzz).

I think that would be a great idea.

#27 12 years ago

I'm curious to know what his favorite pin is that he was not involved with in any way, and why.

#28 12 years ago

Ask him how Stern as a company has changed in the past year with him at the helm and Ritchie back.... Seems to me that the company has undergone an overhaul in their business philosophy.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know what his favorite pin is that he was not involved with in any way, and why.

I heard an interview with Gomez where he said T2 was one of his favorite pins. I think it was on Topcast.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

There is no difference, same versions that are sold through distributors

so they will have coin mechs and all?

#31 12 years ago

When...oh when will we be able to read a transcript of your interview?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-my-interview-of-george-gomez-for-the-904-pinball-zine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.