(Topic ID: 172629)

Questions for John Trudeau, Steve Ritchie, George Gomez, and John Borg

By JoeDP

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

I would ask SR when he plans to get going on High Speed 3 ...

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

What would be the craziest design idea you pushed but got cut do to cost?

i think this would be an interesting question for all of them.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Given that your greatest, most innovative , games were from your earlier days, don't you think younger designers need to be brought into pinball?

Hmmm.. im not sure if the lack of design innovation is more about designers getting older or more the fact that at the end of the day, pinball is pinball and it must be pretty difficult to come up with new , truly innovative designs, young or old. Im talking about true design, not just new screens, toys etc. It must be very difficult to keep coming up with new ways to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

#15 7 years ago

Take a look at SR early games most of them are highly prized by the hobbiests , each one brought something new, but none needed useless toys

I agree. I have 2 of them. SR is amazing ! Just saying that it must be hard to come up with new ideas after all the years of pinball designing that has gone on. Again, im talking about pure design, not toys and new tech but i do agree with you that some new young blood may very well help but just not sure by how much.

#16 7 years ago

BTW , just looked at your collection... im truly envious !!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for all of them: If you were 25 again; would you pursue a career in pinball again?

They have done well and they all seem to truly love the hobby. Im sure it would be all yes across the board.

#21 7 years ago

I've been collecting for 30 years though

Well great collection regardless !

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Do you design playfields with rules in mind, or do you leave all that up to the programmers

Im thinking popbumperpetes thoughts

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

just concentrate on satisfying shots?

My thoughts....

Please keep in mind that im not saying that this is what is happening.. Its just food for thought.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-john-trudeau-steve-ritchie-george-gomez-and-john-borg?tu=superbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.