3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Razorbak86
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Please ask them when they're going to answer the questions raised in this Pinside Q&A thread posted by Pinside's own Martijn over a year ago?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/qa-session-first-episode-the-stern-star-trek-team-1

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-the-ask-the-star-trek-developers-a-question-sticky

#52 3 years ago

I was not aware of this Q&A session.
    I will look into it.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

100% agree! But what does that code allow? That's the exciting thing for me.
    I am editing a Lonnie Ropp video right now where he talks about some of this stuff, I can't wait to share it with you!

And for me thats old news. TSPP and LOTR came out in 2003. They set the bar about as high as it ever needs to go ie hour + long games. Since then the only code related innovation is scoring modes being tied to lighting, but that is just as much a change in hardware, ie mutlicolor leds.

Virtual pinball has had xp systems which is a code based innovation. It does not seem like there is a great way to commercialize the idea. The closest a game has come to that is GOT.

#54 3 years ago

To steve: Would we ever see a Black Knight 3000 or atleast a spiritual sucsessor ?

#55 3 years ago

For GG:

Sopranos and LoTR are two of my favorites. What would it take for you to be the primary designer again for a pin?

He's basically said that he would do a design again, so maybe this one is better:

When can we expect you to be the primary designer of a pin again?

Some of the posed questions have been answered before. To hear Steve Ritchie talk about his adventures in his Porsche and how fast it is, listen to the TOPCast interview with him where he discusses High Speed.

Steve has been asked about how cost factors effect the design of Star Trek, compared to the time he was at Williams where there was basically no limit. He may have read more into the question, he kind of took it as implying that Star Trek was limited by BoM costs, which he claimed it wasn't and he was happy about all the features in ST, and at that time he didn't feel limited by Stern at all.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

To steve: Would we ever see a Black Knight 3000 or atleast a spiritual sucsessor ?

That sounds awesome! Added to the list!

Quoted from HighVoltage:

For GG:
    What would it take for you to be the primary designer again for a pin?

Didn't he do Batman 66? Or am I confused?

Also everyone of the designers we talked to including him said they were working on something new and exciting, so I'm sure you will see a new GG pin next year probably!

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

Didn't he do Batman 66? Or am I confused?
    Also everyone of the designers we talked to including him said they were working on something new and exciting, so I'm sure you will see a new GG pin next year probably!

I suppose, I was thinking something totally new, I consider BM66 more a redesign/enhancement, maybe ask...

If his design work on Batman66 is giving him the itch to do more design work himself, and design something new from scratch...

#58 3 years ago

George, how will YOU manage Stern Pinball, Inc. differently following the Company's succession plan?

Oh, crap... did I actually say that with my "outside voice"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 50.00
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 132.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Singer Pinball Designs
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside