Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4315 (resized).PNG
    zzzzzz Class of 2018 (2) (resized).png
    690728BF-ED4C-4FEB-8806-C41B7D82D42C (resized).jpeg
    zzzzzz124 (2) (resized).jpg
    CpRm4JtUsAAZmyR (resized).jpg
    1392850472-0 (resized).jpg
    Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    5CFD98E9-CB72-4A66-AFAA-E1E866C71060 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    simpsons_2_800x800_cropped (resized).png
    E38D7280-D34F-4ADD-A3BC-93E8381F4142 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).png
    cj (resized).jpg
    interview02 (resized).jpg
    andy heighway (resized).JPG
    There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 5 years ago

yeah prob just better to drop the whole thing, do we need to hear more from him? he's been consistent in his deflection, similar to JPOP.

Just go away

#252 5 years ago

Pinball News: Occupation?
    Andrew: Pinball machine manufacturer.
    Pinball News: What?
    Andrew: I make high quality pinball machines that turns an experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.
    Pinball News: Oh, a *bullshit* artist!
    Andrew: [grumbles]
    Pinball News: Did you bullshit last week?
    Andrew: No.
    Pinball News: Did you *try* to bullshit last week?
    Andrew: Yes!

CpRm4JtUsAAZmyR (resized).jpgCpRm4JtUsAAZmyR (resized).jpg

#253 5 years ago

You should honestly just send him all the questions to meticulously write out, and then when he sends them back to you just delete it. The more time he spends writing responses is less time for him to be out in the world 'doing business' with people...

#254 5 years ago

Brutal, at least you should converse over instant messenger when you follow up on his email responses back.

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.

My understanding is that if you speak the truth, it can't be considered slander/libel. Maybe speaking the truth is where the problem lies...

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm glad you canned the original if what you said is the case.
    However, in proceeding in the manner you now suggest, you'll be publishing a glorified press release on his behalf.
    What's the point? Especially if your original intention was serious enquiry and inquisition.
    He's still getting exactly what we he wants.

totally agree, maybe still get his answers and then write a article on your thoughts of his responses so you still have the last say and call bullshit

he should stand responsible for the monies owed during his reign of the business and people take action against him and be de-registered in owning a business

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

My understanding is that if you speak the truth, it can't be considered slander/libel. Maybe speaking the truth is where the problem lies...

Like I said earlier, UK law is the major problem.

Can't post links yet as I am a new account here, but in short, in the U.S. (and many other countries) the burden of proof of libel rests with the plaintiff, but in the UK, it is upon the defendant to prove the truth of statements. Guilty until proven innocent, in effect. This makes it very easy to sue someone for libel in the UK.

It's grotesque.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from PBrookfield:

Like I said earlier, UK law is the major problem.
    Can't post links yet as I am a new account here, but in short, in the U.S. (and many other countries) the burden of proof of libel rests with the plaintiff, but in the UK, it is upon the defendant to prove the truth of statements. Guilty until proven innocent, in effect. This makes it very easy to sue someone for libel in the UK.
    It's grotesque.

Now I know why we declared independence.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Pinball News: Occupation?
    Andrew: Pinball machine manufacturer.
    Pinball News: What?
    Andrew: I make high quality pinball machines that turns an experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.
    Pinball News: Oh, a *bullshit* artist!
    Andrew: [grumbles]
    Pinball News: Did you bullshit last week?
    Andrew: No.
    Pinball News: Did you *try* to bullshit last week?
    Andrew: Yes!

Martin would NEVER do that. They are buddies. They probably are closing a bar down right now.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Thanks for the questions guys. There were certainly some useful ones which I was able to add to the mix.

Look, I'm going to cut right to the chase, did my "What is your favorite color," questions make the cut or not? I'm not surprised that he needed the questions in advance because we all know that he would have lied about his favorite color if put on the spot. The answer is Green by the way.

#264 5 years ago

zzzzzz124 (2) (resized).jpgzzzzzz124 (2) (resized).jpg

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them

I guess that says it all: he will be pointing at others, while he was the one in command, "managing" the whole thing. I know other managers that take responsibility for actions done by people working for them, even if they weren't involved in such actions. I guess Andrew isn't such a "manager."

#266 5 years ago

He reads Pinside, especially the threads that involve him.

I'm guessing he saw the questions in this thread and panicked.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.

At least he's admitted what he thinks of everyone. *shrug*

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Some things better, some things worse. My wife is American, but she moved here, not the other way around, is all I'll say

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Indeed, but you need to be able to produce evidence in the courts if challenged. Now I dare say there is plenty of evidence against the scumbag so he has no chance taking anyone to the high court in the UK at least.

In the UK the defamation act 2013 is the statutory instrument that covers this situation:

Defamation - this is usually aimed at individuals and defamation is split into two legal bases that a person can sue for: slander and libel but the law is defamation. Slander is defamation of a person through a transient form of communication, generally speech. Libel is defamation of a person through a permanent form of communication, mostly the written word (such as pinside). However, defamation is not limited to linguistic forms; visual forms such as photographs, paintings, illustrations, status and bodily gestures can also be regarded as defamatory. Companies can sue if the defamation affects them too. In all cases though the remedy requires the pursuant to provide hard evidence that alleged defamation has harmed them.

There is a another problem though; given what has happened already, in my view a court would already throw out a case brought by the scumbag against any of the comments said here - because he has already taken too long to act; the court believes that if this is something that affects you in a bad way then you should bring proceedings as early as possible; and with the legal threat mentioned above I'd submit that he's probably already shot himself in the foot on that too and on his previous threats of legal action.

But his response to the interview is class Heighway bullshit, Allegedly; he is worried that what ever lies he manufactures in the interview he wouldn't be able to prove if an action was taken against him. Stating that in the way he has done is just unbelievable and gives any pursuant on what he does say, a very strong case indeed! what a muppet. Secondly, written word such as something published on the Internet typically is viewed as the most harmful form of defamation, so writing down his answers is even more crazy.

Regards,
    Neil.

#270 5 years ago

You can't get anywhere with people like Andrew... the only winning strategy is not to play the game (War Games, 1983).

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

You can't get anywhere with people like Andrew... the only winning strategy is not to play the game (War Games, 1983).

Nice one Joshua.

#272 5 years ago

Can we see that hydrofoil in action?

#273 5 years ago

I'm gonna build MM continued, please send me 15k, starting to build when I have 1000 preorders...

Pfff, If you guys would stop sending 8k to someone who SAYS he gonna build a pin, nobody would be crying anymore. This is getting on my nerves... It seems easier to steal ur money then a kids candy.

Already !4! companies over the past years ripped you guys, and you keep sending cash.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes.... and will the crew have special uniforms?

690728BF-ED4C-4FEB-8806-C41B7D82D42C (resized).jpeg690728BF-ED4C-4FEB-8806-C41B7D82D42C (resized).jpeg

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's just a sketch on a napkin at this point, but it will be out in 6 months....or 2 weeks after that.

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gunske:

Pfff, If you guys would stop sending 8k to someone who SAYS he gonna build a pin, nobody would be crying anymore. This is getting on my nerves... It seems easier to steal ur money then a kids candy.
    Already !4! companies over the past years ripped you guys, and you keep sending cash.

great observation and funny as heck.

Quick question about U.K. courts - if someone outside Wales (i.e. a foreigner) is sued for libel AND the case is ruled in favor of Andy (hypothetically), how does he collect?

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He reads Pinside, especially the threads that involve him.
    I'm guessing he saw the questions in this thread and panicked.

He's too busy helping OJ find Nicole's killer.

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Quick question about U.K. courts - if someone outside Wales (i.e. a foreigner) is sued for libel AND the case is ruled in favor of Andy (hypothetically), how does he collect?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Indeed, but you need to be able to produce evidence in the courts if challenged. Now I dare say there is plenty of evidence against the scumbag so he has no chance taking anyone to the high court in the UK at least.
    In the UK the defamation act 2013 is the statutory instrument that covers this situation:
    Defamation - this is usually aimed at individuals and defamation is split into two legal bases that a person can sue for: slander and libel but the law is defamation. Slander is defamation of a person through a transient form of communication, generally speech. Libel is defamation of a person through a permanent form of communication, mostly the written word (such as pinside). However, defamation is not limited to linguistic forms; visual forms such as photographs, paintings, illustrations, status and bodily gestures can also be regarded as defamatory. Companies can sue if the defamation affects them too. In all cases though the remedy requires the pursuant to provide hard evidence that alleged defamation has harmed them.
    There is a another problem though; given what has happened already, in my view a court would already throw out a case brought by the scumbag against any of the comments said here - because he has already taken too long to act; the court believes that if this is something that affects you in a bad way then you should bring proceedings as early as possible; and with the legal threat mentioned above I'd submit that he's probably already shot himself in the foot on that too and on his previous threats of legal action.
    But his response to the interview is class Heighway bullshit, Allegedly; he is worried that what ever lies he manufactures in the interview he wouldn't be able to prove if an action was taken against him. Stating that in the way he has done is just unbelievable and gives any pursuant on what he does say, a very strong case indeed! what a muppet. Secondly, written word such as something published on the Internet typically is viewed as the most harmful form of defamation, so writing down his answers is even more crazy.
    Regards,
    Neil.

Heh. I wouldn't worry. Whilst he has made the implied threat of legal action against you, and some of what you said may have been untrue, or was your speculation not presented as such ..... as Neil's post hints at, the chances of any judge finding in Andrew's favour in almost any defamation case is extremely unlikely. It's very difficult to prove injury to one's reputation if one has (provably) lied so much in public, and particularly on the medium where one is accusing the defendant of their transgressions (i.e. Pinside) ... and this against a backdrop of many parties claiming he committed fraud against them or stole from them. He's also been making idle (and baseless) legal threats against people for years now, some documented here, which as Neil points out would further undermine him.

On top of all that, defamation suits are generally heard in the jurisdiction where they took place. In this case, Pinside is based in the Netherlands. Laws here aren't as favourable to questionable slander or libel cases as in the UK (almost nowhere is).

Besides the months old posts blaming Kaneda / everyone / me (not by name), and threatening you, has he contacted you directly or more recently?

#279 5 years ago

I think in this situation he would have to file charges in the US - I don’t agree (and neither do a number of cases I’ve been involved with) that the jurisdiction of this would automatically be in be Holland unless the pursuant was to take pinside to court.

#280 5 years ago

Either way, I don't think it would be in the UK.

#281 5 years ago

I wouldn't worry, the ones who threaten never do, its the silent ones you need to worry about.

And if he does, I will personally donate to that go fund

#282 5 years ago

Less than ZERO chance Andrew files for any sort of defamation claim or any other claim.

1) It's true?

2) What are the damages? Lost hydrofoil sales?

3) It costs $$$ to get a worthless judgment. See above

Quite a while back he was going to go after Kman in NY, then the reality of what a NY lawyer costs set it in

Bottom line, people can hate Andrew for all the lies and how he treated people but what we have here is a simple business failure, happens all the time.

Makes for good drama here but time to move on imo.

You know, if pigs had wings they could fly.

#283 5 years ago

I was thinking we should make this our, Pinside Class of 2018 photo.

Still time to vote, people: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/426#post-4364220

zzzzzz Class of 2018 (2) (resized).pngzzzzzz Class of 2018 (2) (resized).png

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Still time to vote people: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/426#post-4364220

Good idea Kim but please retake it. Myself and four others got in since then.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Good idea Kim but please retake it. Myself and four others got in since then.

I'll give it some time and check back. - Don't forget to say, cheese.

#286 5 years ago

How can we get news on the inslovency meeting today? Already late in the day in UK.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

...Besides the months old posts blaming Kaneda / everyone / me (not by name), and threatening you, has he contacted you directly or more recently?

Yes, we've had some friendly back and forths and a healthy deep dive into his time atop HP, but no more threats. I was inquiring about libel cases and collections in Wales to point out that since 95 percent of the folks discussing HP and Andrew live out of country, there is little recourse for collecting a judgement that I can think of. That alone renders most of Andrew's threats worthless. Well that and a lack of damages suffered.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Still time to vote, people: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/426#post-4364220

Up to 250 now. I mean down to 250....

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Up to 250 now. I mean down to 250....

I'll give another day or two. I'm thinking I'll most likely repost it in the main Alien thread.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm glad you canned the original if what you said is the case.
    However, in proceeding in the manner you now suggest, you'll be publishing a glorified press release on his behalf.
    What's the point? Especially if your original intention was serious enquiry and inquisition.
    He's still getting exactly what we he wants.

I couldn't possibly agree more with this.

Yet his post has a bunch of thumbs ups? Maybe for the first sentence that you wrote above? That would make sense. But the fact that he is going to go forward with sending Heighway written questions that he can answer at his leisure, to word exactly how he wants, would really not be much different than the post he made here.

It really is nothing more than his attempt to wash his hands of the disaster that was Heighway Pinball, so that he can CONvince more people to invest in his next failed venture.

#291 5 years ago

Andrew is accountable for launching an incomplete game (Alien), exhausting the preorder funds, all of his spending decisions and lying to buyers. However, he sold the company at the end of 2017. It has since been reported that HP was two weeks away from insolvency at that time. True, HP 1.5 started in a gigantic sinkhole but everything happening since then is on HP 1.5. (These things included - rotten communication, only honoring of some refund requests (most were cc chargebacks anyways), selling games that were adjusted poorly, inconsistent (non-existent) support, unresponsive to email and phone, hollow promises to customers and distributors and all-around bs). I genuinely ask, have you ever seen a company (any company, just name one for the love of God). that wanted to succeed and who operate in a more bone-headed, self-destructive manner? To someone reading about HP for the first time, it seems obvious that HP 1.5 didn't give itself a fair chance to succeed, before throwing in the white flag and moving all assets to HP 2.0.

I interpret the setting up of HP 2.0 (Pinball Brothers) entity, by HP 1.5 at the same time HP 1.5 was being formed, to be dubious at best. I understand that the entire reorganization plan was grossly undercaptalized, hence it was destined to go bust. IMO it was only a matter of time before the company transitioned from the HP 1.5 to HP 2.0. Anger at Andrew and HP 1.0 is high, but anger towards HP 1.5 should be higher than it is given their role.

Maybe it indicates there was dissent among Owners and that two paths were established for moving forward from HP 1.0. Somewhere along the line, the consensus called for abandoning Plan A - HP 1.5 and going with Plan B - HP 2.0 (abandon all preorders). Biggest unanswered question is when did this occur? When did the decision to abandon preorders take place? That question can't be answered by Andrew, Martin would need to interview someone from HP 2.0. But there is no need for that though, because I wouldn't believe anything they had to say.

#292 5 years ago

Yes, we've had some friendly back and forths and a healthy deep dive into his time atop HP, but no more threats. I was inquiring about libel cases and collections in Wales to point out that since 95 percent of the folks discussing HP and Andrew live out of country, there is little recourse for collecting a judgement that I can think of. That alone renders most of Andrew's threats worthless. Well that and a lack of damages suffered.

Andrew is accountable for launching an incomplete game (Alien), exhausting the preorder funds, all of his spending decisions and lying to buyers. However, he sold the company at the end of 2017. It has since been reported that HP was two weeks away from insolvency at that time. True, HP 1.5 started in a gigantic sinkhole but everything happening since then is on HP 1.5. (These things included - rotten communication, only honoring of some refund requests (most were cc chargebacks anyways), selling games that were adjusted poorly, inconsistent (non-existent) support, unresponsive to email and phone, hollow promises to customers and distributors and all-around bs). I genuinely ask, have you ever seen a company (any company, just name one for the love of God). that wanted to succeed and who operate in a more bone-headed, self-destructive manner? To someone reading about HP for the first time, it seems obvious that HP 1.5 didn't give itself a fair chance to succeed, before throwing in the white flag and moving all assets to HP 2.0.
    I interpret the setting up of HP 2.0 (Pinball Brothers) entity, by HP 1.5 at the same time HP 1.5 was being formed, to be dubious at best. I understand that the entire reorganization plan was grossly undercaptalized, hence it was destined to go bust. IMO it was only a matter of time before the company transitioned from the HP 1.5 to HP 2.0. Anger at Andrew and HP 1.0 is high, but anger towards HP 1.5 should be higher than it is given their role.
    Maybe it indicates there was dissent among Owners and that two paths were established for moving forward from HP 1.0. Somewhere along the line, the consensus called for abandoning Plan A - HP 1.5 and going with Plan B - HP 2.0 (abandon all preorders). Biggest unanswered question is when did this occur? When did the decision to abandon preorders take place? That question can't be answered by Andrew, Martin would need to interview someone from HP 2.0. But there is no need for that though, because I wouldn't believe anything they had to say.

No offense, but your theories here and in the other thread about the takeover, and what transpired thereafter, are similarly convoluted and non-nonsensical to some of Andrew's lies, blame games and announcements. Moreover, they'd suit his agenda or narrative.

You also say that you've been talking to him ... coincidence?

Whilst you seem to still hold him in contempt, I hope you realise that there's very little prospect of him talking to you unless he thinks he can use or influence you, if we're to go on established form, and to treat anything he tells you with suitable suspicion.

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Oh my gosh. I have down votes turned off for my account for my own sanity, but that sure is something.

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

If anyone wants to make a poster or T-shirt with all the downvote and give the benefits to Dave Sanders, count me in!
    (by the way: https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund)

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

If anyone wants to make a poster or T-shirt with all the downvote and give the benefits to Dave Sanders, count me in!

Have Bangerjay autograph them.

LTG : )

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

(by the way: https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund)

That link to the Gofund seems bad. Try this one: https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund

#297 5 years ago

Question: When you compare yourself to Spooky Pinball, why do you think you they did differently and are there any lessons learned?

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have Bangerjay autograph them.
    LTG : )

IMG_4315 (resized).PNGIMG_4315 (resized).PNG

#299 5 years ago

FYI: Bangerjay is a prankster. Don't take his vote too seriously.

#300 5 years ago

I need this T-Shirt or bumper sticker!
    Didnt someone say this is a great pinside class picture?

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-andrew-heighway/page/6?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.