Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4315 (resized).PNG
    zzzzzz Class of 2018 (2) (resized).png
    690728BF-ED4C-4FEB-8806-C41B7D82D42C (resized).jpeg
    zzzzzz124 (2) (resized).jpg
    CpRm4JtUsAAZmyR (resized).jpg
    1392850472-0 (resized).jpg
    Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    5CFD98E9-CB72-4A66-AFAA-E1E866C71060 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    simpsons_2_800x800_cropped (resized).png
    E38D7280-D34F-4ADD-A3BC-93E8381F4142 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).png
    cj (resized).jpg
    interview02 (resized).jpg
    andy heighway (resized).JPG
    There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm a little concerned Andrew will see this gofundme money as a gold mine. With his apparent manipulation of Dave in the past, is there anyone in the UK who can help ensure the money stays with Dave?

Andrew has zero claim to someone else's GoFundMe. Nothing to worry about.

#202 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from JonCrox:

this sociopathic git will ruin lives for his interests.

This is exactly why his public "apology" doesn't mean squat. No benefit will ever come to anybody from what he said, but in his mind he cleared his conscience so he can sleep at night and he thinks he made things right.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

in his mind he cleared his conscience so he can sleep at night and he thinks he made things right.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about that being a side effect of this interview. The Cluster B personality types don't need actual reasons to excuse themselves. They just don't tick like we do.

#205 5 years ago

Tesla car owners, production position holders ($4000 down to hold a spot, remember???), bondholders, equity holders, and employees will soon be asking ALL of these questions, and more, of Elon Musk!

If you choose to put money down on an unproven product from an unproven company, don't go whining to the world that you were screwed. You gambled and you lost, nothing more to it. Might've worked out, but it didn't.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

It's a cargument joke. The electrical systems (Lucas) in British made cars don't have a good reputation.

Im british and never heard that before, In fact ive owned a british car since 2006 never had an electrical problem

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Im british and never heard that before, In fact ive owned a british car since 2006 never had an electrical problem

I've heard Lucas electrical systems were terrible ever since I started restoring cars in the 1980's. It was common knowledge on this side of the pond.

#208 5 years ago

Though I'm certain they've improved since then!

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPilot:

I've heard Lucas electrical systems were terrible ever since I started restoring cars in the 1980's. It was common knowledge on this side of the pond.

Thank British Leyland for the (deserved) reputation British cars had in the long run...

#210 5 years ago

Is this the right room for an argument?

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

Is this the right room for an argument?

No, this is Pedantry. Arguments are down the hallway.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

Because a lot of Australians undoubtedly have very strong emotional (nostalgic) connection to those boats flying across the harbor.

Seattleites went through much the same thing with the historic ferry KALAKALA:

Sinking Ship? Saving The Historic Kalakala Ferry
    https://www.npr.org/2012/01/05/144741339/sinking-ship-saving-the-historic-kalakala-ferry

End of the line: Kalakala headed to scrap yard at end of January
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/end-of-the-line-kalakala-headed-to-scrap-yard-at-end-of-january/

5CFD98E9-CB72-4A66-AFAA-E1E866C71060 (resized).jpeg5CFD98E9-CB72-4A66-AFAA-E1E866C71060 (resized).jpeg

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/05/144741339/sinking-ship-saving-the-historic-kalakala-ferry
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/end-of-the-line-kalakala-headed-to-scrap-yard-at-end-of-january/

Not much different than this beauty.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Oh wow looks absolutely amazing never seen anything like it

Love the line in the article “hard to manoeuvre and kept bumping into things” which for a ferry are pretty significant flaws

Nostalgia can have a lot to answer for and can be a dangerous mix especially when peddled by a chancer / scam artist

Anyway I dygress , back on topic I see Dave’s fund is deservedly doing ok

https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPilot:

Tesla car owners, production position holders ($4000 down to hold a spot, remember???), bondholders, equity holders, and employees will soon be asking ALL of these questions, and more, of Elon Musk!
    If you choose to put money down on an unproven product from an unproven company, don't go whining to the world that you were screwed. You gambled and you lost, nothing more to it.

The difference here is that I have my Tesla Model 3 and Model X in my possession, and I see Model S's, X's, and 3's out in the wild ALL the time. Alien Pinball not so much.

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

the way the company began, the people who have been involved, the decisions made, the problems which occurred at various times, and the way he and others behaved towards buyers, employees and suppliers...any offensive or sarcastic questions will be politely skipped... details of specific (pre-) order numbers or technical questions relating to a certain game issue can't be addressed

Sounds like a great softball interview...

Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious (resized).pngSurely-You-Cant-Be-Serious (resized).png

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Andrew has zero claim to someone else's GoFundMe. Nothing to worry about.

Not worried about Andrew having an "official" claim. More concerned with him exerting his influence over Dave to give him some money.

Evidently he can be very persuasive.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

I grew up in Bremerton and used to ride the Kalakala all the time.

#219 5 years ago

Interview should be done live streaming. This way folks in chat can ask questions along the way. And or debate any BS or lies.

If I hired Andrew to come on tour with me to all pinball shows and all he has to do is show his face , would I get RICH?

1392850472-0 (resized).jpg1392850472-0 (resized).jpg

#220 5 years ago

The more I consider this, the more it feels like a cynical clickbait cash-in on what is for many people - employees, contractors and customers - a period of misery and loss, financial and emotional.

No one gives a toss about the origins of Heighway, frankly, at least not right now. A postmortem might be appropriate once the dust has settled, but as of right now things are far too raw. Heighway is still essentially trading until at least the 4th, yet Andrew has come out of the woodwork - for whatever twisted reason - to have a nice little sit down chat with the OP, who is clearly not interested at all in being an advocate for anyone who has lost serious sums of money on this, or the wider pinball community.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this softball "This Is Your Life" interview is malicious, but the timing of it is at best inappropriate, and at worst exploitative.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from Durzel:

The more I consider this, the more it feels like a cynical clickbait cash-in on what is for many people - employees, contractors and customers - a period of misery and loss, financial and emotional.
    No one gives a toss about the origins of Heighway, frankly, at least not right now. A postmortem might be appropriate once the dust has settled, but as of right now things are far too raw. Heighway is still essentially trading until at least the 4th, yet Andrew has come out of the woodwork - for whatever twisted reason - to have a nice little sit down chat with the OP, who is clearly not interested at all in being an advocate for anyone that matters.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that this softball "This Is Your Life" interview is malicious, but the timing of it is at best inappropriate, and at worst exploitative.

Do you truly believe for one moment there's going to be an interview? I might be willing to take odds on that.

#222 5 years ago

If the "interview" is as soft as the OP has already suggested it will be (by what isn't going to be asked) I suspect it will happen, if nothing else simply because Andrew has already replied to the mammoth Alien thread in a completely tone-deaf way.

He, and people like him, believe they haven't done anything wrong, are just misunderstood, etc. It's pathological.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from Durzel:

If the "interview" is as soft as the OP has already suggested it will be (by what isn't going to be asked) I suspect it will happen, if nothing else simply because Andrew has already replied to the mammoth Alien thread in a completely tone-deaf way.
    He, and people like him, believe they haven't done anything wrong, are just misunderstood, etc. It's pathological.

Just like our president in the US

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBalt:

Just like our president in the US

Uh oh....you're gonna get it......

#225 5 years ago

Question for Martin: Why didn't you do this with Kevin Kulek or JPop?

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He was afraid if he asked the wrong question that Kevin might shiv him.

With JPOP he didn't want to spend the hours editing down the 12hrs of JPOP just rambling on nonsensically.

#227 5 years ago

Martin interviewed Kulek and the predator fiasco when the rouse was uncovered.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball.html

Quoted from MrBally:

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Martin interviewed Kulek and the predator fiasco when the rouse was uncovered.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball.html

Did he post on Pinside asking for questions to be submitted prior to the interview?

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

He was afraid if he asked the wrong question that Kevin might shiv him.
    With JPOP he didn't want to spend the hours editing down the 12hrs of JPOP just rambling on nonsensically.

That is F ing hilarious!

#230 5 years ago

I saw Martin last night at our club committee meeting and he told me he is interviewing the scumbag this morning.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I saw Martin last night at our club committee meeting and he told me he is interviewing the scumbag this morning.

Let the countdown start, I wish the interview was being live streamed

#232 5 years ago

I have a question for Andy... How much will he contribute to Dave Sanders GoFundMe?

#233 5 years ago

This is going to be like that interview with JPOP that didn’t ask a single fucking pointed question. Grill that g-&damn weasel!!!!

#234 5 years ago

Ah, the beloved History Today series. Somebody bring those two characters back.

"You see that flipper gap on Stern Ghostbusters? The one that is well known for being larger than usual?"
    "I am aware of the anomaly, yes..."
    "That's your massive arsehole, that is. Every ball in the world drains through that thing. And everyone complains that they wasted a quid and it was over in ten seconds."

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Ah, the beloved History Today series. Somebody bring those two characters back.
    » YouTube video
    "You see that flipper gap on Stern Ghostbusters?"
    "...Yes?"
    "That's your massive arsehole, that is. Every ball in the world drains through that thing. And everyone complains that they wasted a quid and it was over in ten seconds."

Ironically, that's actually how they were with each other for about 20yrs after Newman and Baddiel... only recently reconciling things.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

This is going to be like that interview with JPOP that didn’t ask a single fucking pointed question.

Could you tell me this weeks lottery numbers as you can obviously see into the future.

Why not just wait and see what is said in the interview rather than already 'knowing' what's going to happen in the future?

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Could you tell me this weeks lottery numbers as you can obviously see into the future.
    Why not just wait and see what is said in the interview rather than already 'knowing' what's going to happen in the future?

For which state/province and which drawing date?

#238 5 years ago

Was this interview something that Andrew asked for...or was asked to do?

#239 5 years ago

Would he consider going back into Pinball and produce Alien vs. Predator....

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Genuine appreciation for that, top marks.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

I have a question for Andy... How much will he contribute to Dave Sanders GoFundMe?

£100k in monies owed, and £100k in damages ought to be a reasonable starting bid.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

#243 5 years ago

Thanks for the questions guys. There were certainly some useful ones which I was able to add to the mix.

Unfortunately today's interview wasn't able to take place in the manner originally planned.

It was to be a Skype call which would be recorded and published as near verbatim as possible .

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.

I offered to remove or redact any parts of an answer which might be libelous or slanderous (not sure which if the words are published as a recording and as text - probably both?) as I don't want to be liable either, but Andrew wanted to see the questions in advance so he could work out what he would/could say.

That was not something I could agree to. I wanted to hear his immediate reaction and not some carefully considered response. I also wanted to be able to jump in and pick him up on any points which seemed incorrect, inconsistent or unclear.

In addition, Andrew wanted the final say over whether the interview could be published or not, depending on how it went. Again, this was not a point I would cede.

So, as a compromise, I have sent him all my initial questions (there are a lot) for his *written* answers and will then pick up on any points also by e-mail. I will sub-down anything irrelevant or any grandstanding, and won't seek any 'approval' before publishing.

You might ask what the difference is between this and just sending him the questions in advance of the Skype interview. The key point is that I don't want anyone thinking the Skype call was the intended version and not know Andrew already knew all the questions which were coming. That would totally change the dynamic of the interview and not be an honest interview in my opinion.

So, it's not the interview I wanted, but I know there is a lot more to this whole story and I want to get at as much of it as possible.

And rest assured there are no soft-ball questions.

Cheers,

Martin.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Thanks for the questions guys. There were certainly some useful ones which I was able to add to the mix.
    Unfortunately today's interview wasn't able to take place in the manner originally planned.
    It was to be a Skype call which would be recorded and published as near verbatim as possible .
    Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.
    I offered to remove or redact any parts of an answer which might be libelous or slanderous (not sure which if the words are published as a recording and as text - probably both?) as I don't want to be liable either, but Andrew wanted to see the questions in advance so he could work out what he would/could say.
    That was not something I could agree to. I wanted to hear his immediate reaction and not some carefully considered response. I also wanted to be able to jump in and pick him up on any points which seemed incorrect, inconsistent or unclear.
    In addition, Andrew wanted the final say over whether the interview could be published or not, depending on how it went. Again, this was not a point I would cede.
    So, as a compromise, I have sent him all my initial questions (there are a lot) for his *written* answers and will then pick up on any points also by e-mail. I will sub-down anything irrelevant or any grandstanding, and won't seek any 'approval' before publishing.
    You might ask what the difference is between this and just sending him the questions in advance of the Skype interview. The key point is that I don't want anyone thinking the Skype call was the intended version and not know Andrew already knew all the questions which were coming. That would totally change the dynamic of the interview and not be an honest interview in my opinion.
    So, it's not the interview I wanted, but I know there is a lot more to this whole story and I want to get at as much of it as possible.
    Cheers,
    Martin.

Thanks for attempting...eager to see the results. I’m betting we don’t get any “real” answers, apologies, or admission of failure, but we’ll see.

#245 5 years ago

What a piece of shit he is. Always trying to exert maximum control to cover his lying scamming ass and blow a bunch of smoke.

#246 5 years ago

can't say I'm surprised... good attempt though Martin.

#248 5 years ago

I think i had money on this result.
    Paid even money.

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Cheers,
    Martin.

I'm glad you canned the original if what you said is the case.

However, in proceeding in the manner you now suggest, you'll be publishing a glorified press release on his behalf.

What's the point? Especially if your original intention was serious enquiry and inquisition.

He's still getting exactly what we he wants.

#250 5 years ago

Coward.

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-andrew-heighway/page/5?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.