Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4315 (resized).PNG
    zzzzzz Class of 2018 (2) (resized).png
    690728BF-ED4C-4FEB-8806-C41B7D82D42C (resized).jpeg
    zzzzzz124 (2) (resized).jpg
    CpRm4JtUsAAZmyR (resized).jpg
    1392850472-0 (resized).jpg
    Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    5CFD98E9-CB72-4A66-AFAA-E1E866C71060 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    simpsons_2_800x800_cropped (resized).png
    E38D7280-D34F-4ADD-A3BC-93E8381F4142 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).png
    cj (resized).jpg
    interview02 (resized).jpg
    andy heighway (resized).JPG
    There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 5 years ago

Martin,

Will you ask hard hitting questions like those posed here and hold his feet to the fire and not give Andrew any leeway to dodge and deflect? Will you cut him off when he blames others for his failure? Will you follow up every excuse made with hard follow up questions? Will you leave any excuse unchecked? Will you ask for specific evidence of every claim made? Are you going to ask softball easy questions? Otherwise the interview will be a complete waste of time and an insult to those who lost money.

#102 5 years ago

In your post on April 26th, you stated:
    "There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings."

This is very curious wording, stating only that you didn't get caught. Can you state unequivocally that you did nothing that would be viewed as improper criminally or civilly?

#103 5 years ago

Which of his failures is he most proud of?

#104 5 years ago

if any of the heighway team want a right to reply I'm happy to host them via Skype audio or video on my twitch channel live...

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Martin,
    Will you ask hard hitting questions like those posed here and hold his feet to the fire and not give Andrew any leeway to dodge and deflect? Will you cut him off when he blames others for his failure? Will you follow up every excuse made with hard follow up questions? Will you leave any excuse unchecked? Will you ask for specific evidence of every claim made? Are you going to ask softball easy questions? Otherwise the interview will be a complete waste of time and an insult to those who lost money.

Never going to happen.

#106 5 years ago

"Will you please do us the favor of getting as far away from the pinball hobby as possible and never darkening our doorstep again?"

#107 5 years ago

I have downvoted you. There is no good that can come from this and if you had an ounce of empathy you wouldn't be doing this interview.

Quoted from PinballNews:

Hi everyone.
    This Thursday Pinball News will be interviewing Andrew Heighway about the recent developments at Heighway Pinball as well as the whole history of the company from inception to liquidation.
    I've been closely following the discussion on Pinside and in other places, and certainly have enough ideas for questions about everything from the way the company began, the people who have been involved, the decisions made, the problems which occurred at various times, and the way he and others behaved towards buyers, employees and suppliers.
    However, you guys know the questions you would most like to ask, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to post them here.
    Time will be limited so I may not be able to ask them all, and any offensive or sarcastic questions will be politely skipped. Similarly, details of specific (pre-) order numbers or technical questions relating to a certain game issue can't be addressed, but if you have something you would like to ask Andrew please post your question here.
    The interview will be released first as an audio download on the Pinball News site, and later (once I have transcribed it) in text form.
    Thanks for reading.
    Martin.
    http://www.pinballnews.com

#108 5 years ago

"If it bleeds it leads" even applies to pinball...

This comes across as clickbait. Headline will be "HEIGHWAY TO HELL" and the interview will just be a bunch of softball questions.

#109 5 years ago

can you ask him to come and do an interview on my twitch broadcast?

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Headline will be "HEIGHWAY TO HELL"

I would certainly hope so! "LOST HEIGHWAY" could also work. If they go with "LIFE IS A HEIGHWAY" or "HEIGHWAY STAR" though, I'm not reading it.

#111 5 years ago

I am so, so sorry to have read this. Life's been tough for me lately and your post gave me much needed perspective on just how tough things can get.

Thank you for your courage to post here.

Quoted from Atlantis:

Hello, can you ask Andy a question for me?
    In March 2011 he took 7 machines from my house to bring to a show he was doing in Daventry Uk when he was living in Limerick Ireland.
    At that time he was to sell 5 and bring remaining 2 and cash back after they were lent to his show for the few days.
    My question is can I have my machines and cash now?
    Machines were.STNNG,TZ,RED+TED,FG,WPT,IJ,CFTBL. I see is 1 still in Ireland.
    I am linking a few fb chats we had but they were only a few of the 1000s on fb and skype we had
    Regards A

#112 5 years ago

Have you considered getting commercial sponsorship on Aussie Arcade to provide your next hydrofoil project with some financial momentum and servile fawning?

It's the perfect platform to spruik the next pipe dream because your underlying motives and backstory never gets questioned as long as you keep paying the sponsorship fee.

#113 5 years ago

Q. Where did you go to school?

Q. Where will your new business be operating?

Q. How are you managing to pay your bills today?

Q. Do you own any pets?

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from KerryImming:

In your post on April 26th, you stated:
    "There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings."
    This is very curious wording, stating only that you didn't get caught. Can you state unequivocally that you did nothing that would be viewed as improper criminally or civilly?

Yeah... it's like saying... accusing me of punching puppies for fun is a very serious accusation. Not once was I interviewed by the police for allegedly punching puppies.

Why not just say, "I didn't punch puppies."

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Like from my personal perspective I could have had one or two real machines YEARS ago if I had avoided these clowns. I am wondering, for instance, how many REAL machines could have been purchased if all the money those 4 ... groups... had not sucked our collective money down their collective toilets.

interview02 (resized).jpginterview02 (resized).jpg

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Where will you hide?

Australia apparently.

I wonder if Peter Dutton will let him pass the character test for a business visa?

Quote in part:
    "You will not pass the character test if:
    your past and present criminal or general conduct shows that you are not of good character or

there is a risk that while you are in Australia you would engage in criminal conduct".

#117 5 years ago

First off Martin, thank you for considering Pinsiders as a question format. I’m sure you expected backlash and in the end the questions you ask will also put an emphasis on you as well, as there is a lot of animosity towards Andrew (especially) and Heighway in general. You’re not taking the easy interviews and I respect that.

1). Why did you ignore emails continuously about refunds.

2). Even you, Andrew, will have to acknowledge the timing of new business ventures to failing current ones looks nefarious.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

What does that mean? Us Brits shouldn't attempt to make electrical items? Why is that exactly? Seems a rather strange thing to say.

Lucas Electric - the Prince of Darkness.

http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Q. Where did you go to school?
    Q. Where will your new business be operating?
    Q. How are you managing to pay your bills today?
    Q. Do you own any pets?

I can answer those questions for you, so you don't have to wait for highway robber to answer
    Q1 Oxford Uk where his family still lives
    Q2 Australia selling hydrofoil trips
    Q3 Still living off the fat check the 4 investors gave me (the suckers)
    Q4 He always had a load of cats
    Questions You may have asked but forgot
    He Likes Ukraine Ladies
    Won't eat cheap food so top restaurants only
    Always has hands in many pies at time of him shafting me he was doing UK Pinball show, Selling pins overpriced to Home users as they did not know.and he was doing something with wind turbines that went belly up just before he moved to the UK.

#120 5 years ago

"Are you concerned that those that lost their money with Heighway Pinball will go out of their way to warn potential business investors on future projects (ie Hydrofoil) that you choose to take part in?"

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This interview will just twist the knife further into the backs of those who lost money. You are kidding yourself if you think the Muppet will be forthright or honest about anything that happened. He will not self-incriminate himself. He will just use this as another opportunity to spread more lies, denie accusations, defend himself & deflect all blame.
    PinballNews knows Andrew quite well & was already at the factory, with his inside reporting & game updates. I remember watching those videos from March 2017. What a bunch of bullshit watching them now. I got more honest “pinball news” from pinsider Rubberducks’ factory visit than this insider shill reporting. Those videos were 2 months before Andrew left. TWO MONTHS! You couldn’t see the train wreck behind the curtain? Please.
    Sorry but I think it’s safe to assume this will not be a hard hitting interview. If it happens, take your blood pressure meds before reading.
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Watching that first video now, it's a lot easier to read between the lines. "This machine comes online tomorrow", "this machine is ready to start doing x", "this machine is capable of doing y" - basically it was all thrown together with no plan other than to eventually make everything in house. Also interesting - at 13:50 in that video, AH describes an Alien game as production ready, yet one of the designers is barely audible saying "I think it will help it if we drill a hole in the center there....".

#122 5 years ago

Why does this remind me of the JPOP interview that c2c did some time back? I hope-I really hope that he doesn't get his ass kissed like JPOP's did.

#123 5 years ago

I really think the timing is awful. There is still so much raw emotion out there that it can't end well. Plus I really don't see what he thinks he will be able to get out of it. Whatever he says nobody will trust him. What's the point?
    I guess one question that could be put to him is whether he wishes to apologise to all the customers he has let down. Then we will know if he is man enough to put his hand up and agree he messed up big time.

#124 5 years ago

Please ask him exactly how much money he took in and how exactly much money was stolen from customers. Ask him exactly how many paying customers never received a game. The questions need to be answered exact with no dodging or avoiding allowed. Ask him does he admit to taking money with no product ever provided. There is no reason why the questions can’t be answered. Period.

#125 5 years ago

Mary Ann or Ginger?

#126 5 years ago

why did he contact customers and tell them their pins were ready to ship and ask them for full payment when this was a big lie?

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Please ask him exactly how much money he took in and how exactly much money was stolen from customers. Ask him exactly how many paying customers never received a game. The questions need to be answered exact with no dodging or avoiding allowed. Ask him does he admit to taking money with no product ever provided. There is no reason why the questions can’t be answered. Period.

He won't answer them for fear of legal consequences.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from domlouis:

I really think the timing is awful. There is still so much raw emotion out there that it can't end well.

No kidding. The record thumbs down to his last post makes the point. I'm not sure what upside there is to this.

I know if he starts with salesman voice and his stump speech about how in X years they went from his garage, to shipping multiple titles internationally, etc... it is just not going to go over.

The ONLY thing I can think, is complete humility. But with potential legal actions, not even sure if he could do that. So, what does that leave?

#129 5 years ago

Which of the following three Pinside threads is your favorite and why?

Steve Ritchie discusses Pinball Playfield "Dimpling"
    Stern coffee table book Kickstarter?!?
    ALIEN PINBALL - Official Game Thread

Brad

#130 5 years ago

I would actually be curious about his thoughts on a certain New York podcaster.

#131 5 years ago

1. Why did you tell me to my face at Expo 2016 that Alien LE's would begin shipping that December or January?

2. Do you have any plans to come to SFGE in Atlanta this summer? I'd be happy to pay your way just to see you in person again.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

they went from his garage,

Please ask him where one might procure what they were smoking in that garage?

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I would actually be curious about his thoughts on a certain New York podcaster.

I'll be gobsmacked if that even needs asking.

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Please ask him where one might procure what they were smoking in that garage?

Nobody was smoking anything in that garage. I wouldn't let them since about ninety five percent of all the shite I owned in the world was being kept in there.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atlantis:

Hello, can you ask Andy a question for me?
    In March 2011 he took 7 machines from my house to bring to a show he was doing in Daventry Uk when he was living in Limerick Ireland.
    At that time he was to sell 5 and bring remaining 2 and cash back after they were lent to his show for the few days.
    My question is can I have my machines and cash now?
    Machines were.STNNG,TZ,RED+TED,FG,WPT,IJ,CFTBL. I see is 1 still in Ireland.
    I am linking a few fb chats we had but they were only a few of the 1000s on fb and skype we had
    Regards A

Quoted from Atlantis:

He moved to UK from Ireland and would have cost me more than I had to instigate proceedings over there and just gave up on the hobby.
    Now that he is gone I am in a better position to restart as I really missed the hobby.
    I went out on those machines and modded them to the last.but that left a sour taste and hurt me financially and mentally.
    It has taken 7 years to get back to where I am now.

First of all ... Jesus Christ.

I heard lots of stories about his antics prior to the beginning of Heighway Pinball. Some from people who inexplicably seemed to have a soft spot for him, thinking that he was some kind of loveable rogue with his payment avoiding japes.

If true, I feel tremendously sorry for you ... but I just can't fathom how so many people took all this shit lying down, at least until now?

How many aggrieved parties are there? Possibly hundreds?

A couple of people claimed that he was honest and everything was kosher when he was in Ireland, but things went downhill when he moved to the UK. I had trouble believing that. If substantiated, this would certainly blow that out of the water ... and paints the picture of a long time con artist. How many years back does it go? His whole life? Or maybe it's just another big misunderstanding, and someone else is to blame, as usual?

What else will come out?

Quoted from kevmad:

Martin,

Quoted from Marv:

Never going to happen.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This interview will just twist the knife further into the backs of those who lost money. You are kidding yourself if you think the Muppet will be forthright or honest about anything that happened. He will not self-incriminate himself. He will just use this as another opportunity to spread more lies, denie accusations, defend himself & deflect all blame.
    PinballNews knows Andrew quite well & was already at the factory, with his inside reporting & game updates. I remember watching those videos from March 2017. What a bunch of bullshit watching them now. I got more honest “pinball news” from pinsider Rubberducks’ factory visit than this insider shill reporting. Those videos were 2 months before Andrew left. TWO MONTHS! You couldn’t see the train wreck behind the curtain? Please.
    Sorry but I think it’s safe to assume this will not be a hard hitting interview. If it happens, take your blood pressure meds before reading.
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm happy to help with the interview Martin. I'm an epic Jeremy Paxman and I'd love to stick it to this cheesy faced thieving scumbag.
    Neil.

There's no way Andrew would agree to any serious inquisition, and I'm sure PN knows that.

I fear this is just going to give him an opportunity to white wash things, and blame everyone else.

Also highly dubious about Pinball News on the subject of Andew. The publication is very well connected in the UK, and I find it difficult to believe that either the video mentioned (published when more people were beginning to post about refund shenanigans) or the extraordinarily one sided puff piece on his departure from the company last year (which read like a press release directly from AH) were not published with some knowledge of what was going on and what had taken place.

I'd like to be wrong ...

But at least he's highly likely to implicate himself more, and people ARE in the process of legal action against him at the moment, hence why some parties are rather silent ...

P.S. PN did do one very important thing with regard to Andrew. Recording his old seminars at Expo, where he made all sorts of extraordinary claims. Which I don't think anyone else did.

#135 5 years ago

Interviews like these are so important for the world, and where journalism really shines. There's very few pieces of pinball journalism that stack up in importance to Pinball News' article about the death of Skit-B Pinball, and this interview has that same level of weight.

The fears that this is giving Andrew a "platform" are totally ridiculous. Interviewing people who are at the height of trouble and controversy is how the world learns in situations like these. Imagine if no one ever questioned or interviewed Bill Clinton about his scandal. Sure we can all accept that something terrible has been done and leave it there, however it's important for the world to gather information about what happened and why, even if we know the person in question will deny the issues and try to avoid taking any responsibility for what has happened.

Forget all the haters in this thread, what Martin's doing (and has been doing for years) is very important, and I wish him the best.

#136 5 years ago

The only reason Heighway will interview now is to protect his future. He will have nothing to say that is pertinent to the people who have lost money here. He will simply be going on record for the people vetting him for the next scam. The “apology” post was for exactly for the same reason. It is not an apology. It is a defence for future victims.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

The only reason Heighway will interview now is to protect his future. He will have nothing to say that is pertinent to the people who have lost money here. He will simply be going on record for the people vetting him for the next scam. The “apology” post was for exactly for the same reason. It is not an apology. It is a defence for future victims.

That's the problem.

This comes at a time when he's actively pan handling for his next venture, which both on the face of it, and given the background, is highly suspect.

#138 5 years ago

Ask if 3 weeks should have been his go-to answer instead of 2.

#140 5 years ago

The interview should be live streamed with Andrew hooked up to a polygraph machine.

#141 5 years ago

Andrew's lips would blister if he ever spoke the truth.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

2: What is your favorite color?

3: Are you a good dancer ?

4: Do you like fat girls ?

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Quotes from the movie Fury seem appropriate.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Andrew loves numbers, so here's one: If you ever decide to show up at a future US pinball convention, how any seconds will pass before you're punched in the face by an angry disgruntled scammed Alien pre-order customer?
    Bonus question: How many times do you think your Porsche will be keyed in the parking lot?
    I couldn't give two shits what this deceitful egotistical muppet has to say. He's never said anything truthful to this community in the past, so why would he start now? I wouldn't even bother talking to this scumbag. Go crawl back under the rock or whatever dark musty hole you came out of. Good riddance. The hobby you love so much has justifiably & collectively shunned you. Karma is a bitch.

I almost paid him on a pre-order years ago. But something didnt seem right about the dude. So i passed on the Alien (pun intended).

Anyone know how much (estimated) he scammed from everyone?

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

I can answer that. Mark Ritchie told them it was a crap theme that wouldn't sell. During our nightly phone call I said it lent itself to a racing theme due to the speed. I suggested Xtreme Racin' (this is why I designed an X ramp). Andrew came back and said they were going to change it to the "time travel inn" where different characters from time popped in. I said it was crap and basically Circe with celebs (think he'd probably watched Bill & Ted).
    They then came back with bike racing and Full Throttle.

Actually Mark Ritchie and I had a private preview on the Friday evening before the game was going to be revealed, where we got to play the CAH whitewood. We both told Andrew the same three things:
    1. that the layout was surprisingly good with a lot of flow (at that point a standard playfield),
    2. that the ramp needed a second exit (at that point it was more a Y-shaped ramp with two entrances that both ended in the right inlane, which was very boring. I made the suggestion to make it an X and place a diverter as used on Bride of Pinbot in the center to create even more variety),
    3. nobody will understand the theme.

I will even agree that the layout lent itself for a racing theme as it was very fast. But why bike racing? Every bike racing-themed pinball made up to that flopped. Then there was this odd mech that would spin the ball vertically around (why?) that was later cancelled.

The saddest thing about the whole situation is that there were at least three very talented people in the company that could have created great things if their suggestions weren't shot down over and over again.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

Yeah... it's like saying... accusing me of punching puppies for fun is a very serious accusation. Not once was I interviewed by the police for allegedly punching puppies.
    Why not just say, "I didn't punch puppies."

I'll bet that POS would kick a dog.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Lucas Electric - the Prince of Darkness.
    http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

Q. Why do the British drink warm beer?

A. Because Lucas made refrigerators.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNews:

Hi everyone.
    This Thursday Pinball News will be interviewing Andrew Heighway about the recent developments at Heighway Pinball as well as the whole history of the company from inception to liquidation.
    I've been closely following the discussion on Pinside and in other places, and certainly have enough ideas for questions about everything from the way the company began, the people who have been involved, the decisions made, the problems which occurred at various times, and the way he and others behaved towards buyers, employees and suppliers.
    However, you guys know the questions you would most like to ask, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to post them here.
    Time will be limited so I may not be able to ask them all, and any offensive or sarcastic questions will be politely skipped. Similarly, details of specific (pre-) order numbers or technical questions relating to a certain game issue can't be addressed, but if you have something you would like to ask Andrew please post your question here.
    The interview will be released first as an audio download on the Pinball News site, and later (once I have transcribed it) in text form.
    Thanks for reading.
    Martin.
    http://www.pinballnews.com

Ask Andrew if he understands what Interpol does.

Ask Andrew if he understands what "You can run, but you can't hide" means.

#148 5 years ago

Will this interview be videotaped for everyone to see?

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

So, another platform for this con-artist to lie through his teeth. What's the point of this?

Unless you are lighting a fire under his ass, I totally agree with this. Don’t even give him a platform

#150 5 years ago

Is his ringtone “Life is a Highway” by Tom Cochrane?

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-for-andrew-heighway/page/3?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.