(Topic ID: 298398)

Questions before Starting

By MightyGrave

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MightyGrave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys,

for my homebrew project I got the my cabinet and had plannend my playfield and the shots I would like to have with vpx about six months.

Now I will give it a try and "just start".

But before I start my project and buy a bunch of parts, I have a couple of question for the coils and boards:

I'll use following Board-Setup:

1x P3-Roc (Multimorphic)

2x PD-16 (Multimorphic)

> 1 Trough
    > 1 Auto-Fire
    > 3 Flippers (Dual-Wound)
    > 2 Slingshots
    > 1 Scoop
    > 1 Droptarget-Bank
    > 2 Single droptargets with "fall down mechanism"
    > 1 Single droptarget
    > 1 Diverter
    > 1 Appering Post
    > 1 Ball lock mechanism
    > 1 Knocker

Not shure which board I've to use for the shaker Motor 12-24V? PD-16?

My first questions about the coils in relation to the consideration of the voltage supply revolves around which coils I should use for these mechs and why.

> 3 Flippers (Dual-Wound) 11629 or 11630 - I not shure if 11630 is enough for two medium step ramps?

> 2 Slingshots 26-1200

> 1 Scoop 23-800 (is preinstalled)

> 1 Diverter ??? - nor shure which coil is enough to open and close an diverter - should be the smallest working coil for this usecase

> 1 Appering Post - 2 Versions of this mech (Stern / Willimams) 26-1200 or AE 27-1200

> 1 Ball lock mechanism - ??? - A underplayfield "Gate" which opens to release balls - not shure how I build this gate and which coil would needed.

1x PD-LED V3 LED (Multimorphic)

> 30 GI LEDs (WS2811 "christmas light)
    > 40 - 60 Inserts (Fast LED)
    > 8 Backboard LEDs and some "other stuff" (RGB WSxx Chips)
    > 6 Flashers (5v Led Flashers)

I hope that board is enough to run 3 different chain and change color for each individual Led. I have to watch videos from jabdoa to understand it.
    Or is there a alternative for this board ?

And I'm not shure how I use flashers? - Directly on the PD-Led Board and power from the 5V?

5x SW-16 (Multimorphic)

> 60 Switches (Targest, Rollovers, Slings, Coindoorbuttons, Flippers, Eos, and so on....)
    > 16 Opto-Pairs

Should be enough (4 boards for playfieldswitches and 1 board for the cabinet).

2x SW-16 Opto Controller Board Assembly (Anarchy)
    > 16 Opto-Pairs

Is it perhaps easier to separate the optos for debugging and error analysis from the pure switch boards?

1x Power Distribution Board V2 Assembly (Anarchy)

> 48V + 12V + 5V powersupplys all over this board

Hope you guys can help me with the Coil and LED questions.

Thank you

Mighty

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Jan,

about the fadecady i talked with Philipp. I have to See it in persona to understand how it works.

With the switches i'm Not sure how much I need for the gameplay Logic and mechs i want to use. I will list my mechs and Count all switches.

The flasher could be 12V or 5v doesn't matter, Not sure whats easier to integrate.

For the coils i looked in different machine Manuals and in some Threads Here. Should bei Working.

best regards from the hanover region

Sven

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MightyGrave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-before-starting-?tu=MightyGrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.