Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 2000_Alum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Firstly I'm probably already late to the party but Medieval Madness LE vs. The standard MMR what exactly is the difference !? What's the price difference, features benefits to going with the LE etc... and although 1000 of these are supposedly coming out is that total MMR's BOTH LE and Standard combined ? etc... ? Can you still get on a list, and when are these actually being released does any one have a hard date yet !?

Who's got the best deals on these shipped ?

#2 9 years ago

$8000 = price for both
1 comes with a numbered LE tag, 1 doesn't.
LE has gold-ish color option.
There may be LE extras not yet announced.

They pop up for sale by distributors still as people cancel their order. See about 3 a month come up for sale.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

$8000 = price for both
1 comes with a numbered LE tag, 1 doesn't.
LE has gold-ish color option.
There may be LE extras not yet announced.
They pop up for sale by distributors still as people cancel their order. See about 3 a month come up for sale.

LE extra's as in extra games to be produced or as in different mods etc.. ? I see some are asking for over 1k above sticker price. Can anyone point me to a legit vendor that's got an LE available? Also when is the projected date ?

#4 9 years ago

If you go thru PPS you can get put on a waitlist. If people drop out you could get an LE. So far people have just put 1K down and full payment is due when they start producing.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

If you go thru PPS you can get put on a waitlist. If people drop out you could get an LE. So far people have just put 1K down and full payment is due when they start producing.

or be really smart, save some cash and wait for the HUO's to start popping... patience is a virtue.

#6 9 years ago

Why would any one want a standard MMR vs. The MMRLE if they are the same price, makes no sense to me.

Also a projected ETA on them ? Any one know July / August / December ?! ...etc.. 2015 ?!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Firstly I'm probably already late to the party but Medieval Madness LE vs. The standard MMR what exactly is the difference !? What's the price difference, features benefits to going with the LE etc... and although 1000 of these are supposedly coming out is that total MMR's BOTH LE and Standard combined ? etc... ? Can you still get on a list, and when are these actually being released does any one have a hard date yet !?

1. The differences between the MMRLE and MMR are: MMRLE comes with a shaker motor and MMR does not, MMRLE comes with your choice of standard trim, black or gold(goldish) while the MMR will just be available with standard trim, MMRLE cabinet will have a thicker bottom panel in it than the MMR.

2. There are only 1000 MMRLE's that will be produced. At this time there has not been a firm number quoted for the MMR but PPS has stated that they will produce whatever number is necessary to fufill the needs of the community. Note that the MMR will not go into production until all of the MMRLE's have been built and shipped to the customers. The price is the same for the MMR and MMRLE.

3. If you are wanting to purchase an MMRLE then you need to place your order through an authorized distributor (we are one) and it requires a $1000 refundable deposit. The deposit is the same from all distributors as we forward the deposit to PPS.

4. Their isn't a "hard" date but production is slated to start soon.

Quoted from mrclean:

Why would any one want a standard MMR vs. The MMRLE if they are the same price, makes no sense to me.
Also a projected ETA on them ? Any one know July / August / December ?! ...etc.. 2015 ?!

Most people have had to settle for the MMR as the MMRLE sold out all 1000 available the first day. The only way you can get an MMRLE now is if a distributor has a cancellation and nobody on a wait list for it.

Hope I was able to answer your questions. If you still have more feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Firstly I'm probably already late to the party

http://www.planetarypinball.com/2014/05/ Check PPS's Blog for information too.

LTG : )™

#9 9 years ago

oh yeah.... forgot about the shaker motor.

#10 9 years ago

there could be some 'extras' that are yet unknown added to the LE's. that's all we know.

#11 9 years ago

The only thing I'm really waiting on is to see what Stern's next new pin announcement will be before pulling the trigger. I'm not talking about reintroducing Iron man, rather a completely new title.

I looked at pics of the gold LE legs they look like crappy dull finish ? I understand it comes in various other fnishes the flyer remake doesn't really reflect what your actually getting::

http://www.planetarypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/20140501_1415431-e1399100337258.jpg

I'm sure if I don't get the game (MMRLE) I'll regret it especially having the opportunity to buy a NIB one. Before doing so I really need to weigh my options sooo many great used titles that are still on my must have list which are proven. I'm some what leery with the remake situation. I know MM is an incredible game. I'm just curious which no one really knows is this game going to keep it's value the same or better than the Williams version, Is the quality perceived to be better based on using updated technology ? I keep seeing other original MM popping up now for decent prices.... I don't know to me 8k for a pin is rather serious, I know other collectors it's just another pin but that's a stack to me ! Are any of these distributors even competing offering various prices / free shipping etc.. ? Or is this a price locked item ?

#12 9 years ago

yep. the gold on MMRLE is odd.

but, i've been told that the 'new' Stern will be liked by those who like the tron pin.

#13 9 years ago

Like any game currently in production, the value of the game will go down the second you open the box. Why pay you $8K for a used one when you can buy a NIB one for $8K? As long as PPS is in business, they could be rerun at any time.

Quoted from mrclean:

I'm just curious which no one really knows is this game going to keep it's value the same or better than the Williams version

Ask 100 people and you'll get 50 responses. Maybe the quality is better, maybe not. It SHOULD be, but until the game is 20 years old you won't know.

Quoted from mrclean:

Is the quality perceived to be better based on using updated technology ?

As far as I know, MMLE is $8K plus shipping and nobody is discounting them. After that, with MMR, you might see discounts, you might not. It's all speculation. Some people are assuming they will sell for less because Stern's MSRP is usually a few hundred more than the street value. Time will tell. Today, I don't think so. But if you find someone that will sell you a game for less than $8K plus shipping be sure and let us know.

Quoted from mrclean:

Are any of these distributors even competing offering various prices / free shipping etc.. ? Or is this a price locked item ?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm just curious which no one really knows is this game going to keep it's value the same or better than the Williams version...

Pinball machines in the home are a luxury item. Not an investment. Once you accept this, you'll have a lot more fun in the hobby.

If you want to invest in your hobby, collectable coins just about always appreciate and they never blow fuses. Stamps won't blow a fuse either, but I think coins are a better long term investment. d

#15 9 years ago

Color code update for DMD may be free for LE owners per Rick, though he has not confirmed this. LCD DMD for both versions.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Color code update for DMD may be free for LE owners per Rick, though he has not confirmed this. LCD DMD for both versions.

Id be surprised if they weren't shipping with a color DMD on the LE model.

#18 9 years ago

Color DMD in both, however not programmed yet and likely not before shipping. Will be software upgrade from what we have been told

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-about-nib-medieval-madness-limited-remake-edition-vs-standard-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.