7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nascarrey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

There's a CL posting for a Golden Tee 2016 upright locally for 1700$ and a double monitor live version for 1800$. I have a pinball buddy that bought a brand new one for north of 3k. As far as I know, I've heard of pirated versions out there, home editions, live, ect. I'm not a bar goer that plays Golden Tee. It could be due to the "have to pay a dollar for that?" factor.

With that said...

What would you look for in one of these? (Live mode, seemed hacked together(if so how could you tell?, lcd monitor, pedestal)
Do they retain any value or are they easy to resell?
How expensive is the live feature? What about future upgrades?

Seems like it could be a money pit. Just looking for something different for the arcade.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

the CL post might be a 2016 version with a 6-8 year old cabinet and computer, that's probably been on route.

Is there any way to pull the computer info and match it up with what year it came out?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

GT is fun to play with friends in the same room and the people online are probably too good to hang with score-wise anyway. I wouldn't have fun getting smoked by 20 shots.

in 2006 a Golden Tee Complete (the best machine of the previous era of software called the "Fore" series) would have cost about what the new machines cost today--3 to 4 grand. Ten years later, you can probably find one for between $500 and $900, maybe less at an auction or one with minor fixable issues.

Good point. Playing online might not be for me.

Is there a particular year to go after in the live series due to software or hardware upgrade (non-current)?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-about-golden-tee-games?tu=huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.