(Topic ID: 243272)

Question. Should all of my playfield coils be shorted together?

By StotzBotz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been trying to figure out why on my Williams Flash machine why certain coils aren't firing. When I use a voltmeter all of my drop target coils and ball reset coil appear to be shorted together. I am burning up a drive transistor to one of the drop targets which is solenoid #4 and Q21. Should all of these coils be connected in some way to one another? I'm thinking this is where my problem is but hoped someone could help me figure it out. All of the drop target coils were replaced by the previous owner. I know the ball reset diode is not shorted but haven't checked any others yet.

#6 4 years ago

OK so first of all thanks everyone. The diode is shorted across the coil that has the driver transistor frying. Just wondering if this would cause the other coils not to fire. I did check the pre driver transistors and none of them seem to be shorted at any of their pins and seem to read the same resistance. I was going to replace the driver transistor and diode and see what happens and in the mean time order some of the pre driver transistors. This game does have a new motherboard by the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-should-all-of-my-playfield-coils-be-shorted-together?tu=StotzBotz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.