Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Spiderpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Recently, I went to buy a JJP Wizard of Oz Ruby Red LE. I was told that the Pin was recently obtained from an elderly couple that rarely played it and that it had under 100 plays. I didn’t see any pictures but the pin was described as pristine. So I bit and drove three hours to buy it and pick it up with my truck. Well long story short the game was definitely way over 100 plays. There was a ton of wear around the flipper buttons and the shooter lane had an extreme amount of wear too. The pin looked to me to have thousands of plays. I questioned the seller about the wear and he turned the pin to the play counter and the counter said 93 plays. The seller also offered to take off $500.00 because of the wear. Now I know that it had way way more than 93 plays, more like 9,300 plays. I’m a novice buyer but I’m no fool. My question is how easy is it to roll back he play counter on JJP games and how much faith should I have in the play counter on JJP pins. The only reason I walked away from the deal was because the wear was so extreme and so obvious even to a novice buyer like me. Thanks in advance for any help with my question

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from SgtStryker:

My question is how easy is it to roll back he play counter on JJP games and how much faith should I have in the play counter on JJP pins. The only reason I walked away from the deal was because the wear was so extreme and so obvious even to a novice buyer like me. Thanks in advance for any help with my question

Reset in audits, factory reset, full install of software.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

So, really very easy to do. Thanks I appreciate the help. In the future I’ll trust my eye more tan the counter. Thanks again, I always learn stuff here that keeps me from making bad choices. Thanks for the education

#4 3 years ago

Hello new Pinsider!
Yes, read the guides here. Never EVER believe that “only x hundred number of plays” that’s straight bullshit. They’re easily changed.

There’s an old cliché here, “show me the shooter lane” and really the only way to tell if a game is HUO is the experienced, trained eye that knows what to look for, and even then it’s no guarantee.

Out the guy because he sounds like a windbag

#5 3 years ago

When he offered to take $500 off, he knew/you knew.

#6 3 years ago

Back in my days of selling pinball I remember a Big Guns that was shopped and had a wire off the left cannon. It was really close by to where I worked so stopped by to lend a hand. I swore it was a completely different game with the rubbers all dirty etc.

I do remember replacing batteries and all that stuff so it was fresh audits. Somehow they managed to put just under 4,000 games on it in that time. I imagine they restarted their games a lot but that must have been the center of their life since they got it.

Semi off topic to this thread but it reminded me of this.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

When he offered to take $500 off, he knew/you knew.

After I pointed out all the obvious wear he said “That’s strange” and then turn the pin to the play counter, to show me the low play number. I knew I was getting the run around and again pointed out the obvious wear. He then offered to lower the price, which I politely declined and left. What really bothered me most, well a couple of things really, his dishonesty, my wasted day and most of all my wife made the mistake of telling the kids, 8 and 7 years old, that I was coming home with a Pinball Machine. You can guess that they were a bit disappointed. Well, it was a learning experience, I’ll say that.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from SgtStryker:

After I pointed out all the obvious wear he said “That’s strange” and then turn the pin to the play counter, to show me the low play number. I knew I was getting the run around and again pointed out the obvious wear. He then offered to lower the price, which I politely declined and left. What really bothered me most, well a couple of things really, his dishonesty, my wasted day and most of all my wife made the mistake of telling the kids, 8 and 7 years old, that I was coming home with a Pinball Machine. You can guess that they were a bit disappointed. Well, it was a learning experience, I’ll say that.

Yes, don't tell the kids.
I just brought home today a Star Trek premium. Kids, 7,8 and 11 never heard of Star Trek but like the spaceship. and I was the last to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-rolling-back-play-counter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.