10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am having a little trouble understanding what constitutes "default" setting in a pinball machine. In particular I am wondering about my Nascar. I just scored a 498,000,000 point game, and my averages where about 40,000,000 before that. I racked up the max 9 "extra balls" on my first ball! I think I may have had some settings that made it a little too easy to get extra balls. Anyway, I went a head and did a factory reset (and lost my high score ). Now I am looking at my game manual, and many setting do not match the "USA default". I am thinking maybe they were changed since the manual was printed, or maybe I am supposed to change them to match the manual. Is there any info out there that tells you what you should set your machine to to get the current "USA defaults"? Is factory what I should be using no matter what? Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the game is too easy before. I just thought I may have accidentally exploited it before. I guess I was just more curious about how one goes about "fair" high scores.

#6 10 years ago

Well, I had a really good game. I lit every one of them and had to drop all the targets to get them. But even still I think it was lighting them too easily that game. I noticed some settings that I had messed with before the factory reset. One was extra ball percentage and another was bonus rollover. After the factory reset the game is much harder, and seems harder to exploit. As far as angle, I bought digital level so I could get it right at 6.5 deg.

I am not sure I understand "auto percentage". If you mean extra ball percentage, I did have that a little higher than normal, but now have it at factory.

#8 10 years ago

Hmmm. I will check that when I get home. Wouldn't the language be different though?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-regarding-factory-and-defaults?tu=loppydog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.