IMG_20140322_090524_863.jpg
IMG_20140322_094254_552.jpg
Estes.jpg
image-47.jpg
estes-express-lines_1371839094.jpg
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That sucks, hopefully you noted the damage with the shipping company before they left. In a situation like that you should NOT sign off on accepting delivery and make them take it back.
Your distributor should fix that and make it right.

Correct. Also, depending on how far the game shipped, it may have cross-docked a few times before final delivery. It is not common for an asset based transport company to deliver direct in the same truck.
Good luck, I would raise hell.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

About an hour ago I got to send the best email Ive gotten to send in a week! Game Exchange is replacing the Metallica Pro. New one will ship tomorrow. Will deal with the freight company and eat the loss. Can't let the OP's first NIB purchase be crappy now can we!
JJ

4.00 a lb.? No, go further, you are the customer recoup as much as possible and demand to see your sales rep.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

As far as freight goes. No but you are in deep Trouble. Freight companies insurance liability is 1/3 of the TOTAL damage or the limit on the insurance which ever one comes first. If they will not let you open the box then don't sign for it.. they will change there tune. I ship about 600 shipments a year and Ive never heard of the terminal saying sorry you can't inspect your freight before you sign. INFACT what you are signing says how have inspected your freight and are satisfied with it being in good condition. To be satisfied with a shipment I'm picking up at terminal I'm unboxing it. When I personalty pick up shipments at the terminals (for when I'm setting a new game room out of state) I DO follow my own advice and unbox the entire shipment before I sign.
When you pick up your shipment, they are release from ALL liability when you sign. Because you could have dropped it off the back of your truck, it could have fallen over in your possession ect.
Freight is a Nasty world because there rules are built to protect them, not shipper or receiver.
Would you Rent a Car with out walking around for it before signing that its undamaged? Same Idea on a shipment, I want to look at the product. Once you Sign it you technically own it. Its your property.
Credit Card Companies stand behind this too, they understand its the customers responsibility to carefully and thoughtfully inspect a shipment.

Please inform your sales rep you would like to have your shipments pre-alerted to each cross dock location.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Fair enough - just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that sending a replacement game for concealed damage is very much an exception rather than the norm. I applaud you making the OP as whole as possible, but I'd hate for you to be under the gun to replace ALL major concealed damage incidents. I'd also recommend that you install shock and tip-over sensors before you ship from your warehouse as an aid for the buyer (yes, Stern should too).
To buyers: I don't think there are any vendors that will send a replacement machine when you sign off on a BOL, except in rare circumstances. In other words, unbox, unpack, and even raise the head before you accept a pinball machine. The box can fall over without any signs and the damage can easily be hidden during a less-than completely unpacked inspection. Bring tools, tape, and a helper. In a vast majority of cases, you will lose money/value if you fail to find the damage - even if the box looks perfect.

100 percent agree. Most buyers are oblivious of how many times a fork lift will touch the pallet. 10 times? I helped my uncle run his souvenir booth at maple leaf gardens in the late 70's...how many times kids would come back and say my mini stick broke..I want a new one...I would ask my uncle joe..every time he would say "tell your parents to buy another" I felt bad for the kids and sometimes would sneak them another for free. My uncle never said a word when a parent would come back and say Thank you very much..and bought more stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-regarding-damage-on-stern-nib?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.