(Topic ID: 27313)

Question On Westley's Bleche Wite (the good stuff)

By NM

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by terryb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Found three bottles of the good stuff at an old Ace Hardware in a bad part of town; doing my first first soak job of the main harness off my AFM in a large rectangular Tupperware tub--wondering:
will this stuff eat off target decals (should remove them first)?

TIA.

#2 6 years ago

Water will destroy target decals .

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Found three bottles of the good stuff at an old Ace Hardware in a bad part of town; doing my first first soak job of the main harness off my AFM in a large rectangular Tupperware tub--wondering:
will this stuff eat off target decals (should remove them first)?
TIA.

I don't know about the decals, but I'd be carefull "soaking" anything in Bleche Wite. I never leave that stuff on long at all.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't know about the decals, but I'd be carefull "soaking" anything in Bleche Wite. I never leave that stuff on long at all.

Ah yes, the details of your vid are starting to come back to me now.

I'll watch it again before I solo, but guessing the gist of it is:

Leave the Westley's in the bottle, spray, scrub, hose rinse, compressed air, then sunshine?

Thanks all.

#5 6 years ago

and remember not to put that toothbrush back in the bathroom and put it back to it's primary use afterwards

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Ah yes, the details of your vid are starting to come back to me now.
I'll watch it again before I solo, but guessing the gist of it is:
Leave the Westley's in the bottle, spray, scrub, hose rinse, compressed air, then sunshine?
Thanks all.

For harnesses, I'll mix up a "slurry" of a little water and Bleche Wite in the laundry tub. I'll then coil up the harness in a circle and scrub with a 2 1/2" paint brush. Slop it on, scrub, flip it over, repeat. Pay more attention to all the dirty connectors.

I just rinse well, blow out the connectors and hang it in the shop to dry. Sun is OK.

#7 6 years ago

I now use something called Purple Power, which I've found to be just as good as Bleche Wite. It's available at any auto parts supplier.

With either one, you want to wear a glove on the hand that comes in contact with it. It's a bit nasty on your skin.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Water will destroy target decals .

Freeze off or hairdryer?

(3M 467 MP standing by for reapplication.)

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Freeze off or hairdryer?

I think you can pull them off if you are careful .

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I now use something called Purple Power, which I've found to be just as good as Bleche Wite. It's available at any auto parts supplier.

Hey Bryan, the Purple Power Wheel and Tire Cleaner?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Hey Bryan, the Purple Power Wheel and Tire Cleaner?

I think that's different. Mine says concentrated industrial strength cleaner/degreaser.

#12 6 years ago

Thanks Bryan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside