Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new_pf_installed (resized).png
pf_old (resized).png
Slingshot_close_up (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I just finished up my earth shaker PF install and I installed a new set of plastics when I was putting the top side together. I noticed on several of the plastics when I would peel the white backing off (Slowly and only using my finger nail to get it started) some of the paint would come off with it). Is this normal? Sadly when lit up it is pretty obvious on several of these. This is not a dig at CPR by any means I am just wondering if I wasn't supposed to take off the white off the back and clear on top or if I was supposed to use some sort of special method to have the glue let go easier. I also noticed on certain plastics if you bend them (Even slightly just to get something around something) the paint kind of splinters off as well. I was wondering if perhaps after getting them unwrapped so to speak if I should do a light clear coat of some sort just to protect them from a ball bouncing into them/ if they are slightly bent perhaps they will be "glued" down a bit better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had exactly the same issue. Contact CPR, they will help. Good customer service.

3 weeks later
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Did anyone get their plastics reshipped? I've sent them several follow up emails and haven't gotten any response. Kind of annoying.

Yes, was a fast reaction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-removing-the-backing-on-cpr-plastics-clear-coating?tu=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.