You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new_pf_installed (resized).png
pf_old (resized).png
Slingshot_close_up (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

I just finished up my earth shaker PF install and I installed a new set of plastics when I was putting the top side together. I noticed on several of the plastics when I would peel the white backing off (Slowly and only using my finger nail to get it started) some of the paint would come off with it). Is this normal? Sadly when lit up it is pretty obvious on several of these. This is not a dig at CPR by any means I am just wondering if I wasn't supposed to take off the white off the back and clear on top or if I was supposed to use some sort of special method to have the glue let go easier. I also noticed on certain plastics if you bend them (Even slightly just to get something around something) the paint kind of splinters off as well. I was wondering if perhaps after getting them unwrapped so to speak if I should do a light clear coat of some sort just to protect them from a ball bouncing into them/ if they are slightly bent perhaps they will be "glued" down a bit better.

Slingshot_close_up (resized).pngSlingshot_close_up (resized).pngnew_pf_installed (resized).pngnew_pf_installed (resized).pngpf_old (resized).pngpf_old (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

It should just simply peel off like a sticker backing would. I've never had any pull up the artwork like you are showing. Reach out to CPR and see if they can help you get a replacement set. What you are showing and explaining should not happen on new plastics.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It should just simply peel off like a sticker backing would. I've never had any pull up the artwork like you are showing. Reach out to CPR and see if they can help you get a replacement set. What you are showing and explaining should not happen on new plastics.

Good deal. I figured it was that but, I've screwed stuff up before and I was like wait hahaha this might be one of those times. So it should just peel off no issue. Odd stuff. What about the flaking when bending? Again we are talking about a bend small enough just to pull a plastic onto a post top or something of the like.

#4 5 years ago

I've never had an issue with something like that happening. Something definitely isn't right.

#5 5 years ago

I have had a problem like that with my new FT plastics (not from CPR) and when I emailed the seller they sent me a new set that was fine. I dont know if the others were old or what the deal was but thats not right to have any paint peel.

#6 5 years ago

Are these the new digital printed ones?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Are these the new digital printed ones?

I don't think so. I bought this as a set from a local and I thought he said they were the screen printed ones. Is there a way to tell? I'll reach out to CPR and see if they can give any help. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy hhaha.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I just finished up my earth shaker PF install and I installed a new set of plastics when I was putting the top side together. I noticed on several of the plastics when I would peel the white backing off (Slowly and only using my finger nail to get it started) some of the paint would come off with it). Is this normal? Sadly when lit up it is pretty obvious on several of these. This is not a dig at CPR by any means I am just wondering if I wasn't supposed to take off the white off the back and clear on top or if I was supposed to use some sort of special method to have the glue let go easier. I also noticed on certain plastics if you bend them (Even slightly just to get something around something) the paint kind of splinters off as well. I was wondering if perhaps after getting them unwrapped so to speak if I should do a light clear coat of some sort just to protect them from a ball bouncing into them/ if they are slightly bent perhaps they will be "glued" down a bit better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had exactly the same issue. Contact CPR, they will help. Good customer service.

#9 5 years ago

There is a thread about this issue. CPR sent new ones.

I believe it is the new process if I remember right.

#10 5 years ago

I’m glad I came across your post! I just finished my Earthshaker and my plastics are suffering the exact issues that yours are...chipping off the edges and stuff even with a plastic protector set installed. I’ll be contacting CPR about this but I was thinking the same thing as you...”was I doing something wrong” as I’ve never had an issue with their fantastic products in the past!

#11 5 years ago

I had the same problem with my High Speed plastics. Just sent CPR an email.

#13 5 years ago

I had the same problem with my Xenon plastics.

I doubt sending a email will get a response from CPR

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I had the same problem with my Xenon plastics.
I doubt sending a email will get a response from CPR

I've had nothing but good communications from CPR and they have fixed any issues I've ever had.

#15 5 years ago

My affected plastics were replaced by CPR quickly, with good customer service to boot. Thank you CPR.

#16 5 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking they will be helpful. I've sent them an email or message through the contact us portion of the site. I think they are on vacation atm so lets give them a few days to respond and then I will report back. Thanks to everyone for the feed back. Glad it also helped some of the others as I think we kind of felt the same way. With some of this stuff you just don't know and you'll be like well wait did I screw it up or is there an issue with the product. Either way not a huge deal. That Playfield is a bronze and I am super happy with how it looks. It looks like a gold except for one spec of blue got into the shooter lane somehow so they marked it a bronze. Personally I could care less, I think it looks 1000 times better than it did and it plays super smooth.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

There is a thread about this issue. CPR sent new ones.
I believe it is the new process if I remember right.

After the second set I received was chipping, they said they would look into the issue. I haven't heard back from them about it, so I don't know if the chipping issue had been resolved yet or not.

#18 5 years ago

This makes me want to peel the plastic off my Gorgar set I've had in storage waiting for a playfield. They are definitely the "old" process though as long as I've been sitting on them.

#19 5 years ago

I got a quick response from the email that I sent last night. ""We seem to have had an issue were the laser was cutting with the power set to high causing the paint to become brittle around the edging, we have fixed this issue and will send out a new replacement when our staff returns from March break after April 2nd.

Thanks,
CPR Staff.""

Great customer service. Thank you CPR.

#20 5 years ago

I received the same email reply last night as Brewchap did. Very fast reply! It was in my spam folder so if anyone else has contacted them, check your spam folder as it might be in there as well.

#21 5 years ago

Same here. Very cool of them to dispatch new ones

3 weeks later
#22 4 years ago

Did anyone get their plastics reshipped? I've sent them several follow up emails and haven't gotten any response. Kind of annoying.

#23 4 years ago

Did anyone get their plastics reshipped? I've sent them several follow up emails and haven't gotten any response. Kind of annoying.

I haven't heard anything yet and haven't seen shipping notification.

#24 4 years ago

My Taxi plastics are doing the same , I have contacted them ...

#25 4 years ago

I sent them messages as well. Perhaps they are still just sorting the issue out? Just wish they'd say that if so. Happy Friday Pinsiders!

#26 4 years ago

I had a problem with a CFTBL speaker panel that had some pealing and they never replied. Than one day a new one just appeared in the mail.

#27 4 years ago

Yes, was a fast reaction.

#28 4 years ago

I think we have a solution, but its going to take about a week for the solution to arrive, sorry guys too many cooks in the kitchen

Mike

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

I think we have a solution, but its going to take about a week for the solution to arrive, sorry guys too many cooks in the kitchen
Mike

No worries Mike all CPR fans here. Just happy to get an update. Thank you guys for all you do.

#30 4 years ago

Please keep us posted. I just received a new set of plastics.

#31 4 years ago

Does a cold water bath with ice in large bowl help? Opinions?
Ive tried it with sticky film on back and have some chipping of white in past.
My theory....older plastic sets may do this. Runs say printed in past 10 years and sit around for years waiting to be sold or stay in machine waiting to be installed.
Ive purchased many sets from CPR, all very good.
The problem sets would for instance, an Earthshaker set i know was a least 3-5 years old off of ebay. Had the chipping problem.
Did the cold bath so pieces would sit in 5 min or longer, this made the film a little stiffer and less sticky.
Worked like a charm.

#32 4 years ago

Hey Guys;

Just a quick update. Our solution was supposed to arrive on Thursday but did not and now with the holiday weekend I don't expect to see the stuff until Tues. We'll know within a few hours if it worked.

Thanks
Mike

#33 4 years ago

I was getting worried I haven heard anything yet. Thank you for the updates CPR

#34 4 years ago

We are only guessing at this point but think we may have had an order of PETG get frozen in transit. I have been told by some top end signmakers that it can play with its adhesion. Its not much material, only enough to make about 24 sets, but since we demand print now we can't tell what sets they were. And since it got mixed into our normal supply..... anyway, we shelved all the PETG we had left as of course we couldn't be 100% sure if it was the old stuff or not. Just to be sure we also grabbed some gear that larger outfits use to ensure inks adhere tenaciously to all sorts of plastics.

But as its always been, CPR will do whatever it takes, including just returning your product for a full refund to make it right. We aren't always fast at getting back to you and recognize that as an area that needs work but we aren't a giant like Amazon or even a large company like Marco or Bay Area and have very limited resources and time. We I go to my regular job, I'm gone for days with no phone contact, no email etc.... But we are trying to improve our contact with you guys. Russ every morning is supposed to answer each and every email we received overnight. He can't answer every question on the spot as some are quite involved but he supposed to reply to the email.

Mike

#35 4 years ago

CPR is sending me out a new set as they are awesome. I will install and report back once done. A Big thanks to Mike and the folks at CPR for helping with this issue.

#36 4 years ago

I still have not heard back from them other than the one and only email stating that they had problems. I will resend email to see what happens.

#37 4 years ago

UPDATE

We received the new PETG, the ionizer bar and the plasma gear. Kevin tested yesterday and says the difference is astonishing. He said he'll get some video of them trying their best to remove the artwork from the plastics and post when he gets time. I believe they printed the last two days solid to try and catch up.

If you had problems, please wait a few more days and if you don't hear anything drop another email to Russ at [email protected] and clearly state the issue, your order number and shipping details. I am thinking that once Kevin's caught up printing the backlog you'll start getting orders shipped out that were delayed because of the issues we were having. After all, there was no sense sending you a new set if the same thing was likely to happen again.

Mike

1 week later
#38 4 years ago

To follow up on this. Because CPR is SUPER AWESOME! And they stand behind their products, they sent me my last three sets all with the new printing method. I tested all three sets and didn't have any issue. The backs where the ink is printed are like rocks. I did peel the backs off slowly but didn't get the feeling anything was coming up. CPR FTW! A huge thanks to Mike, Kevin and all the folks at CPR for helping with this.

Quoted from CPR:

UPDATE
We received the new PETG, the ionizer bar and the plasma gear. Kevin tested yesterday and says the difference is astonishing. He said he'll get some video of them trying their best to remove the artwork from the plastics and post when he gets time. I believe they printed the last two days solid to try and catch up.
If you had problems, please wait a few more days and if you don't hear anything drop another email to Russ at [email protected] and clearly state the issue, your order number and shipping details. I am thinking that once Kevin's caught up printing the backlog you'll start getting orders shipped out that were delayed because of the issues we were having. After all, there was no sense sending you a new set if the same thing was likely to happen again.
Mike

#39 4 years ago

Got a new set for my Taxi in the mail yesterday , unexpected. CPR You guys are terrific!!

#40 4 years ago

I bought 3 sets with the sale I better check them as they have been sitting till I was able to do the games.

#41 4 years ago

I received a replacement set for Earthshaker yesterday! Way to go CPR standing behind your product and making everything right!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from erico201:

I received a replacement set for Earthshaker yesterday! Way to go CPR standing behind your product and making everything right!

I'm still super impressed with this, to me its like name one other company that just fixes an issue correctly these days. LOL. Try getting that kind of service at Home Depot or Walmart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-removing-the-backing-on-cpr-plastics-clear-coating?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.