6AB5C7FF-69AE-4427-A5BD-B5346DE9ABB1 (resized).jpeg
676A65B9-E275-4A50-BE3B-AD28F824113B (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A9981480-B0E1-49D5-B7DD-D4AF053F7273 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
CB40CCE9-755B-4D58-9EE3-DB52185B3096 (resized).jpeg
C4621395-DC35-4EEC-879E-EB6ECC04D996 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Look down at the transformer in the cabinet. There's a connector there with a bunch of YEL and WHT-YEL wires. That connector might have some evidence of prior excessive heat. If not you can check VAC at that connector to try to isolate where you're losing voltage.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Measuring VAC with black probe at the ground braid and then touching any of the points in question I was getting usually 0 and sometimes 0.4 or so. I suspect I was doing something wrong.

You measure AC by connecting on lead to one wire and the other to the other wire. The reference is between the two points.

You (typically) measure DC by connecting the black lead to ground and the red lead to the point you're testing DC voltage.

I can't remember if one side of the System 11 GI is tied to ground but for WPC one side of the GI is definitely tied to ground on the PDB. The advice you were given above is not generally valid for AC.

#51 4 years ago

You can prove that the header and/or trace is the problem by installing jumper wires. I try to figure out the cause of the problem. If after installing the new board your issue still exists the new board hasn't solved the problem. You still have the problem to deal with.

On the other hand you have a brand spanking shiny new board in the machine that will last for years to come.

#53 4 years ago

Just follow whatever the schematic says. Usually (not always) the schematics in the Williams manuals are correct. I think there might be a thread on here with documented errors in the schematics. The interconnect board is fairly simple though. It's mostly pass-through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-non-working-very-dim-lower-gi-on-whirlwind?tu=dumbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.