Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dewey68
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FT_decal.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm in the process of getting my FT back together and the decals for the man in the canoe and fishing pole that run along the left side have some wrinkled areas and some areas where dirt has gotten underneath it. I'm thinking of removing them and cleaning the backside adhesive off with some of the Sprayway degreaser and then reapplying them with some 3M 467MP.

Has anyone attempted this or have any tips from a similar job? I'm wondering if a heat gun or freezing would be the better way to deal with removal? I'm thinking they might just peel off without help or with some of the Sprayway degreaser and nothing else.

FT_decal.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Your plan sounds right on to me. I would try heat first for removal and see how that goes. Just work slowly so you don't risk tearing the decal.

#3 3 years ago

Do *not* use heat - there's too much chance that you will stretch the background; also be careful not to use anything too aggressive when cleaning. Freeze spray works great in this case, followed by cleaning with a gentle agent (I use an orange-based cleaner like Goo Gone), and then 467MP to re-adhere.

#4 3 years ago

They are peeling off without anything, just going slowly.

#5 3 years ago

I just did that, keep plealing slow. It worked perfect with no other help.

#6 3 years ago

Freeze spray to remove the decal. Heat the remaining glue up and start dabbing it with a shipping label. Shipping label should have enough tack to start pulling up the glue.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Perth:

Freeze spray to remove the decal. Heat the remaining glue up and start dabbing it with a shipping label. Shipping label should have enough tack to start pulling up the glue.

I'm going to try the Sprayway degreaser to get the dirt and crap that's stuck in the adhesive off. That Sprayway stuff seems like it will do the job pretty well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside