Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ajs_27
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Just revived a Black Hole and having some questions with gameplay...is there a normal "timeout" that if I don't do something/score/hit a certain target the lower playfield shuts down? I've got a manual & have reviewed the gameplay/rules in several forums but can't see anything that indicates this is "normal" behavior. I also can't see anything in the tech forums that this is a common problem.

The game was inherited and just now gotten back into apparent working order. I had to replace a coil, transistor, and a couple of fuses and other than a busted sound card I think everything is in order. However, when I shoot a ball through the Gravity Tunnel to the lower playfield, the play is only active for a few seconds before everything on the lower playfield deactivates and the ball drains/is returned to the upper playfield. Sometimes (but rarely) I get a longer play on the lower field.

Thank you in advance for any hints or tips!

#2 3 years ago

Nope, definitely something wrong. Check the lower playfield trough switches, the entry switch, and the relay that activates the lower playfield

#3 3 years ago

Thanks - I was wondering if maybe a misrigged switch was an issue - it would allow the playfield to activate, but then immediately shut it down as if the ball had drained. I'll look into it!

#4 3 years ago

Looks like the switch for the upkicker needs rigging. The slightest vibrations (especially right flipper actuation) were bouncing the switch enough to close. First adjustment and the ball sitting on the switch wireform wasn't enough to close the switch...lets see how many tries this takes to get it just right .

Now...new to the forums...how do I relocate this thread to the Tech forum where it belongs?

Thanks again zacaj !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-black-hole-lower-playfield-gameplay?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.