(Topic ID: 325913)

Question , I did something very dumb (away & no heat for games)

By cgdexpx

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinmister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I was deployed in March. I fooled around with my new thermostat and could not get it set. Thinking I would be back June I shut everything down.
    .4 games, EM, SS . Condo , new construction . One window in room. May have blinds shut . Shut water, heat , electric off. The temperature today was 29 expect mid 20s thru 35 at night thru November. Going up to 40s during day. December, much of the same. Jan/Feb could see many single digit days and a few very cold 5 to 15 degrees nights.

I work 6 days two days off. Flight back will be costly and time consuming on days off. Should I panic and get back there ? Games are in great condition.

Nope nobody I can get to turn the heat on.

#2 1 year ago

Its rapid changes that damage games. Id be more worried about your water pipes unless you drained them out. Just my 2 cents, ymmv.

#3 1 year ago

They will probably be fine. If you can get the heat back on, that would be ideal, but not the end of the world if not. Its really big temp swings you have to worry about and it would mostly be the paint on the backglasses.

#4 1 year ago

Condos get heat from neighbors you share walls with, so unless your place is an exposed end unit, it's not getting as cold inside as the forecast for outside. Will probably be ok.

If you go on long future deployment, you can put a small wattage incandescent light, refrigerator bulb, in the bottom of each game to keep them a little warmer.

#5 1 year ago

I will always leave the temp at 65 from now on, dumb mistake .

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

They will probably be fine. If you can get the heat back on, that would be ideal, but not the end of the world if not. Its really big temp swings you have to worry about and it would mostly be the paint on the backglasses.

That is what I am worried about , great back glasses. I also have not played the games in ages because I was out of State .

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from cgdexpx:

That is what I am worried about , great back glasses. I also have not played the games in ages because I was out of State .

Anyone local that can lend you a hand?

#8 1 year ago

Thanks for your service. I believe being a condo you will be fine to to others keeping the whole thing heated around you. Being a condo is there any association person you can call to check things out?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Anyone local that can lend you a hand?

Just moved there in Feb 2022 and was gone by March . Met a few nice neighbors briefly but while it was Spring our Spring is not great lol. Ya know thanks for the idea maybe I could ask someone in the association and send them a key. Long shot since I tossed the information they sent me recently. The association was just formed . It would be have to be the right person to ask too.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks for your service. I believe being a condo you will be fine to to others keeping the whole thing heated around you. Being a condo is there any association person you can call to check things out?

Thanks . I am trying but not too many choices.
    Just moved in Feb 2022 met a few nice people , but are Spring is not great so was not a lot of great days early March when I left . So you do not meet too many people.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from cgdexpx:

Just moved there in Feb 2022 and was gone by March . Met a few nice neighbors briefly but while it was Spring our Spring is not great lol. Ya know thanks for the idea maybe I could ask someone in the association and send them a key. Long shot since I tossed the information they sent me recently. The association was just formed . It would be have to be the right person to ask too.

I’d offer to help, but not sure if I’m close. If I am, feel free to PM.

#12 1 year ago

I would not worry about it. I have had games in my garage for 10 years with no issues. From -12 to 105. Not sure about areas with high humidity(northern east coast?) but for dry areas-no worries. Main issues being wood planking. They will be just fine-lots of over exaggeration when it comes to changes in temperature and storing machines.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-i-did-something-very-dumb-?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.