Question for those with KISS Premium

By colonelsnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am curious to know from those of you who own a KISS Premium where you got it and if you pre-ordered when you ordered and when you received it.

#2 8 years ago

Paid for it three weeks ago when it was their latest release. Emailed my distributed Thursday morning to see if Stern was going to run GOT before my Pemium KISS. No answer yet. That is probably not a good sign. I'd feel a bit slighted if they run a new pin before filling orders on the KISS Premium.

#3 8 years ago

Got my KISS Premium from JJ at Game Exchange.

Pre ordered in May and it arrived at my door on 9-September. Seems Premiums went on the line after the LE's & Pro models.

Hope this helps.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Paid for it three weeks ago when it was their latest release. Emailed my distributed Thursday morning to see if Stern was going to run GOT before my Pemium KISS. No answer yet. That is probably not a good sign. I'd feel a bit slighted if they run a new pin before filling orders on the KISS Premium.

I ordered mine in May, still not here. I will never pre-order again and wish everyone would do the same. Instead of getting the game sooner this causes the games to arrive later. If no one bought a Premium until they were actually ready to ship Stern would be motivated to make this happen promptly, rather than re-running old games or running new titles.

#5 8 years ago

Stern is running these, but they cannot keep up with demand for KISS. There are 3 or 4 titles on the assembly line at any given time. Every game Stern builds is a sold order, just be patient. They are waiting on a new batch of Premium play fields right now.

#6 8 years ago

Iceman,
I can understand the build to order model, but what I dont understand is ordering months ago to ensure you get some of the first Premiums made and not getting your order despite ordering early.

Its not like there have been no Premiums built and shipped already.

Could it be because some distributors are favored over other distributors by Stern and given the first run shipments over others?

If thats the case please let me know who those distributors are, they will get my money first.. Lol.

The older I get the more I hate waiting.. As far as Im concerned life is way to short and gets shorter the older you get.
So I want to play me some Kiss Premium pinball now not months or " in a couple more weeks" ...

#7 8 years ago

I ordered day 1. Still waiting. Oct 2 is the latest estimate. Granted, we've got a longer transport time than most, but the biggest part of the wait is getting the LEs done first. Part of paying up for an LE is getting it early. Premiums always get pushed. I'm used to it.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Stern is running these, but they cannot keep up with demand for KISS. There are 3 or 4 titles on the assembly line at any given time. Every game Stern builds is a sold order, just be patient. They are waiting on a new batch of Premium play fields right now.

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I was wondering what was going on this cleared it up. IMO they should of made sure to cover those that have paid for the machine before moving on with multiple other builds. If it's a popular pin ride out the wave & crank them out. They have the ability to fill all the orders in short order kinda surprised they didn't. I was told mine would likely be built and shipped around the 9th of this month when I paid. Guess that adds a bit to the frustration but I really love playing the pin so looking forward to it. Borg and team did a great job on layout and overall design!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I was wondering what was going on this cleared it up. IMO they should of made sure to cover those that have paid for the machine before moving on with multiple other builds. If it's a popular pin ride out the wave & crank them out. They have the ability to fill all the orders in short order kinda surprised they didn't. I was told mine would likely be built and shipped around the 9th of this month when I paid. Guess that adds a bit to the frustration but I really love playing the pin so looking forward to it. Borg and team did a great job on layout and overall design!

I'm in the same boat. How are you contacted when the pin finally ships? Sine this is my first, I wasn't 100% positive.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Iceman,
I can understand the build to order model, but what I dont understand is ordering months ago to ensure you get some of the first Premiums made and not getting your order despite ordering early.
Its not like there have been no Premiums built and shipped already.
Could it be because some distributors are favored over other distributors by Stern and given the first run shipments over others?
If thats the case please let me know who those distributors are, they will get my money first.. Lol.
The older I get the more I hate waiting.. As far as Im concerned life is way to short and gets shorter the older you get.
So I want to play me some Kiss Premium pinball now not months or " in a couple more weeks" ...

The preferred distributor is one question that I am interested in as well. Also I hope the distributor ships in order in which his orders were received.

#11 8 years ago

Ordered mine mid-May from JJ at Game Exchange and got it September 3rd.

#12 8 years ago

Ordered mine in mid May from Trent over at Tilt Amusements and got it on Sept 4. Couldn't be happier with their service. He did mention that mine was the first Premium he delivered. He told me I was one of the earlier customers to get a Premium.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm in the same boat. How are you contacted when the pin finally ships? Sine this is my first, I wasn't 100% positive.

My distributor contacted me when they arrived and set up a delivery date. It was only another day or 2 to wait after that. I didn't want just curbside delivery. So for a few extra bucks I had it delivered inside, setup and they even played a few games on it to make sure there weren't any issues.

#13 8 years ago

I think unless I was ordering a LE I would prefer my machine to be from a later run....sometimes there are small changes/tweeks that later runs have to prevent known issues.....

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think unless I was ordering a LE I would prefer my machine to be from a later run....sometimes there are small changes/tweeks that later runs have to prevent known issues.....

Agreed. There's no real need to preorder a Premium.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agreed. There's no real need to preorder a Premium.

Agree 100%

If you aren't getting a LE cause you are a die hard fan of said title why would you pre-order a premium? Wait to see if you like the pin. Maybe go play it and see if its worth the money. Sometimes they come out with new/improved mech's that perform better then 1st run machines (Metallica Drop bank & Snake Mech come to mind) The really is no need to preorder a premium especially if you are only talking about waiting a few months.

#16 8 years ago

Mine was not a pre order as I understood it although it's turned into that. I was told my pin would be made and shipped a week after payment that didn't turn out to be the case. I played the LE plenty before I knew for sure I wanted a Premium. Stern is just taking a while to get all the ordered pins out perhaps the high demand might of caught them off guard.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If it's the same game as a LE. Wouldn't the LE have the issues and then it would be tweaked on the PREMs?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

If it's the same game as a LE. Wouldn't the LE have the issues and then it would be tweaked on the PREMs?

yes...but if I wanted a LE and was afraid they would sell out then I would have to gamble...unlimited pros and premiums will be available for years

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Agree 100%
If you aren't getting a LE cause you are a die hard fan of said title why would you pre-order a premium? Wait to see if you like the pin. Maybe go play it and see if its worth the money. Sometimes they come out with new/improved mech's that perform better then 1st run machines (Metallica Drop bank & Snake Mech come to mind) The really is no need to preorder a premium especially if you are only talking about waiting a few months.

I pre-ordered right away because I was under the mistaken belief that I would be one of the first to receive one. That was early May. Now that I know it makes little difference I will not do so again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-those-with-kiss-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.