(Topic ID: 145699)

Question for the flooring experts

By jewboyflowerhead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150621_183337.jpg
    IMG_20150606_181237.jpg
    easyheat_warmtiles_brochure.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_20150708_233547.jpg
    IMG_20150701_214552.jpg
    IMG_20150618_230022.jpg
    IMG_20150701_214345.jpg
    IMG_20150622_105635.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I know there are quite a few of you on here.....what are your thoughts on loose lay flooring?

A few details

Basement
    Cement sub floor
    I have had water (and worse) in the the basement several times in the last 10 years
    6 pins, constantly rotated
    Can get it for $1.24 sq/ft, stuff appears to be high quality as it is $4-$7 sq/ft at other vendors

I am not looking for asthetic perfection, just tired of replacing my floor everytime random shit happens. I am mostly attracted to its ease, sound muffling, and softness (i have painful feet issues)

How bad will it pull apart with the pinball movements? Cant seem to find any negatives online, but i assume the weight distribution would create issues

#5 8 years ago

Sorry, i should have specified. It is LVP vinyl plank flooring. It is the loose lay type, which would be easy to pull up in the event of a flood. Currently have laminate, have had vinyl tile, then berber, then foam back carpet....The more i look into the LVP, the more i like it

#8 8 years ago

I made the purchase.....thanks for the input and the pics. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-the-flooring-experts?tu=jewboyflowerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.