Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MrBellMan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Where do you find the best deal on flipper rebuild kits? I normally buy my kits from Terry at Pinball Life, but he does not carry kits for those older games. Ebay and "some" parts stores seem to charge a lot for a rebuild kit.

Just checking to see where you folks get yours and about how much you pay.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#3 9 years ago

Make sure your order $100 so you get your 10% disc

Quoted from stevevt:

pbresource.com

#4 9 years ago

What is this 10% discount you speak of?

Is it supposed to be automatic or do you have to ask for it?
    I just placed an order last month over 100 and would have used it if I knew about it.

#5 9 years ago

It's automatic. Check your invoice, it should be there.

#6 9 years ago

I assume it's automatic.

Did you look on the bottom of your bill?

#7 9 years ago

It's on each line item, not at the bottom. They don't mention it, it's just a net price kind of thing. If I've ever been just below $100 (imagine that?) they call me and ask me if I want to add a few posts or rubbers to bump it up to $100. Good people.

#8 9 years ago

I checked my last few receipts and I did get it after all. I never noticed it before. I had one receipt that was just shy of $100 before shipping, if I knew about the discount I would have added a few more items to push it over the edge.

#9 9 years ago

If they are linear flips the rebuild kits will be more expensive. If you go that route, get the full kit so you get a new crank as well. For some reason it's left off the "mini" kit?

You can also call them and ask for a retrofit kit to change the flippers back to the "standard" rotational type. Not sure how much more or less that is.

Remember the (linear, at least) flipper base plates are reversible if you have stripped or wallowed coil stop screw holes.

Welcome to the best era in pinball!!

#10 9 years ago

+1 for PB Resource. They have added lamps to my order without me even asking, just to give me the discount. Just make sure you have part numbers and give a good description of the parts so they don't have to spend extra time. I'd be lost without PBR!

I can confirm that the old style base plates are reversible as well. It's like getting free parts in every game! If the original (black anodized) screws are still present, I don't tap the new holes. The screws form the threads. I feel that formed threads are stronger than tapped threads, due to the work hardening of the steel. I use a cordless screwdriver, so the whole process takes just a few minutes.

Allan

#11 9 years ago

I appreciate the info everyone!

It looks as if PBR is the go to for my classic Bally games!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-the-classic-bally-collectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.