3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by j450n
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I bought my P-ROC for a scratch build, I ordered it with out a backing plate.
    Now I need to mount it.
    Is it safe to use metal screws and standoffs ?
    Or should I be using plastic ?

#2 3 years ago

gstellenberg may be able to answer.
    Obviously; care is needed but I'd be surprised if the purpose built mounting holes were a shorting hazard.
    As long as you aren't touching traces or components... I don't know why you'd have an issue.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from j450n:

I bought my P-ROC for a scratch build, I ordered it with out a backing plate.
    Now I need to mount it.
    Is it safe to use metal screws and standoffs ?
    Or should I be using plastic ?

Assuming you're talking about a P3-ROC. You can use metal screws and standoffs, just make sure that your standoffs as well as screw heads aren't wider than the copper pads surrounding the mounting holes.

M3 screws should work just fine.

Welcome to the community!

-- Jimmy

#4 3 years ago

Cheers guys
    I have ordered some m3 brass standoffs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-p-roc-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.