Bulb_Tools.jpg
Bulbs.jpg
Lights_On_&_Off_(3).jpg
Help.jpg
Wiz_Cr_Reel_rev-3.jpg
Wiz_Cr_Reel_rev-1.jpg
Multi_credits.jpg
Bally_credit_pin.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Unscrew the pin. Thread it in to the hole that allows 25 credits.

Yes, this! If you are unsure which pin, post a pic of the unit looking straight down the shaft on the switch side. (Opposite of the white reel side). We can guide you from there.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Ah, so the pin unscrews rather than being Pull - Push. That's already more than I knew before.
Here are a couple of shots that I hope give enough detail. Sorry for their being kinda blurry: not-so-good phone-camera + flashlight instead of a flash.
There is one hole on the other side of that wheel grabber / caliper piece (unseen here), and two or three more going counter-clockwise. It almost looks like the pin blocks further travel of the reel in that direction. (?)

Ok. The metal pin on the gear that is pushing on the switch stack looks like the max credit pin. The other pin is molded into the gear itself, right? I don't have a Bally credit unit in front of me and it would be worth waiting for someone else to confirm this, but here goes.

Notice all the holes in the gear around the outside edge. Look closely at those holes and I bet you will find that they are threaded. If so, I bet you can unscrew the metal pin and move it to one of those holes. Each hole is going to give you a different max credit. Let us know how you come out.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Great effort!!

If it was Steve, it would be Space mission or Spirit of 76

I saw that one a while back. It inspired me to get to work on my C37 Schematic. Wish I could share it when I am done. I will show a clip of it when It is further along. Right now, I am about 1/4 finished.

1 week later
#41 10 years ago

You will notice a lot of your targets are bent back. This happens. Bending them forward may help for a while but all you are doing is further weakening the metal support bracket for the target. If balls are getting airborne, you most likely have targets that are bent back. There are foam "dampers" that can be installed behind the target faces to reduce the blow to the brackets. PBR sells new target brackets and modified "reinforced" ones for some games. I agree with the others. Don't glue anything on top of the plastic. Instead, find a way to stop the airballs! A lot worse things than a stuck ball will happen too. That center plastic is at risk of being broken if a ball is flying around like that.

#43 10 years ago

It probably has been covered, but a good coat of wax and brand new balls can do wonders for a game. It speeds things up and at the same time reduces air balls.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

(Yes, doing that would go way beyond the most enthusiastic play !)
Thanks for that thread. I'm determined to get this worked out . . . .

In case you haven't noticed yet, if you metion that you have "seen something" "somewhere" "maybe".... Pin-it will find it! He's the MAN!!

1 week later
#48 10 years ago

Not sure on the lights. I am away from access to the schematic. I would check the jones plugs in the backbox and also in the cabinet. Just a wiggle might be all you need. The controlled lights may be on a fused circuit. Check your fuses too. Sometimes in Bally games, the fuse holders crap out. This could be part of the problem too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-other-bally-wizard-owners?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.