(Topic ID: 175852)

Question for Night Moves owners: Do your balls fly?

By chippe01

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145-2.jpg
IMG_2144.JPG
IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2146.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I think it depends who's playing....

Rick's are for sure

Sorry could not resist.
faz

#7 7 years ago

I've never played this game. The video is SUPER helpful; can you include a high res photo of the spot that it launches from?

Does this happen at that same place or other places too?

faz

#9 7 years ago

I was thinking the rubber looked not correct. I can't tell, but I think you have a 2.5" band over a post that supposed to have a donut. Like I said, it's really hard to see in the video.
faz

#14 7 years ago

I think the big "air" is achieved when the ball is launched off the second post such that the ball strikes the donut above the mid point. Feels to me that it's already airborne before it hits.

I'm going to throw this hypothesis out there.
It's climbing up the clear post, hitting the rubber and developing a spin as it rebounds off the rubber on it's way to the second post (steel w/donut). So, it's really starting to get air on the first strike.

The donut is nice and fat but the band on the clear post is slightly thinner (or it's too small and stretched super tight). It occurs to me that an old-school thicker band would catch the ball on the climb and stop the back spin. If you don't have any thicker ones, try a second band just below the first one to see if you can repeat the scenario.

Thoughts?
faz

#16 7 years ago

Hmm... well, another thing both shots have in common is that they both pass over that big plastic insert.

Is that nice/flat? Or do you have a ramp? I can't tell in the pics. Check all the inserts in the path for smooth transitions.

Also, did you check the flipper coils? Original? If someone replaced them with stronger ones... could be a cause.

faz

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

the left flipper bat is angled slightly upward

Are you talking about the swing of the bat or the bat is not perpendicular to the playfield. The angle of the bat swing should not matter too much, but if the bat itself is cocked... that would be bad.

Check to make sure the linkage is plumb to the PF and everything is super tight.
faz

#21 7 years ago

I don't know the tolerances required to keep the ball on the PF but may be a factor.
Again, check the linkage to make sure it's all tight. Is the bat in good shape? The rubber?

What's the story on the PF window? Nice and flat?

#23 7 years ago

Good idea on the sleeves! Not original, but it will save your plastics and glass.

If it works, check out all the cool colors Cliffy has.

Also, did you check the the two posts themselves? Are the square to the PF. The one with the clear post may be adjustable... maybe set it back a bit.
faz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-night-moves-owners-do-your-balls-fly?tu=pinball_faz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.