By Thrillhouse

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

2. Is it possible to make a bulb that only changes color within a certain spectrum? Basically a bulb that goes to baby-true-midnite blue, pink-candy apple-maroon red etc. I think this could be a cool effect for some games and translites or credit buttons. Path of the dead on lotr or the eyes on medusa backglass come to mind.

Yes, although the colors you defined could not be made from a doping process with consistency. it would be more ice blue to red or pink, and a minimum
of 10,000 units plus prototype time and cost.

Not a good ROI to see it happen.

You could take an RGB strip, and force this to a degree from a remote control version, and shorten the length, that might be the easiest or hack into one
and see what you can achieve.
2 blinking bulbs, with custom colored caps side by side, could be handmade too, but I doubt youd see low cost mass production due to demand.

#5 6 years ago

I think its a good idea.

Maybe youll find something in a toy, or retail product you can adapt, or build on your own.

Getting a new product in production, regardless of what is, ultimately takes longer and costs more than expected, that only changes with volume.
Order 100,000+ and it gets done cheap and fast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-led-makers?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.