(Topic ID: 68030)

Question for F-14 Owners

By BillinIndiana

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillinIndiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

When you power on your game do you hear some static and various segments of the display flash once before your game sounds it's single tone and enters attract mode?

#2 10 years ago

I did a search on Google and found the quote below. It's similar to my problem but my game boots up and enters attract mode. I could play it if the PF wasn't dismantled for touch-ups.

""When I turn my Fire! game on, the score displays would flash quickly at a high brightness, and the speakers would be noisy, but the game does nothing more."
    Problem: the CPU board has a blanking circuit problem. The job of the blanking circuit is to shut down the score displays, solenoids and lamp circuits if there is a problem on the CPU. This safety circuit also protects other circuits during power-on if there is a problem."

#5 10 years ago

Yep I bought this machine as a guinea pig knowing it had issues, had some coils locked on, but I didn't notice this one till tonight. I have the PF out of the machine for touch-ups and was messing with the beacon and it's lamps that don't work in test mode

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Do you have Clays system 11 guide? Maybe something in there.

That's where the quote came from actually.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillinIndiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-f-14-owners?tu=BillinIndiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.