You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic2.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Anyone who has a DH or restored a DH have this happen to their game?

In the first pic you can see the pf got destroyed by the magnet. The second pic shows me starting to repair it. The third pic shows the opto bracket that goes over this spot. I am guessing the ball is hitting this bracket from the shooter lane and deflecting it violently into the pf. Look at the beating this bracket took.

Is this normal for a DH? Others have this issue?

pic2.JPGpic2.JPG pic5.jpgpic5.jpg pic4.jpgpic4.jpg
#2 10 years ago

This must be happening to a DH a friend of mine has. It has been having issues with the magnet not always grabbing the ball. I believe this is because of the placement of the opto bracket and the beating it takes.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I can't tell if this is a design flaw? Or maybe the angle of the game made it hit the opto bracket instead of going underneath it???? Not sure. It looks like it was installed correctly.

3 months later
#4 10 years ago

I realize the thread is old. I'm posting to add to the archive to assist someone that searches for this specific problem -- like I just did

My buddy had a DH years ago and it had the same issue you show in the picture with significant junks out of the playfield.

I just picked up a DH and among other minor issues, it has the "magnet broken" issue. Of course, to get to that you have to take the damn game apart. My playfield, thankfully, doesn't have the wear and tear yours does; however it has a divot in the playfield and the same beating on the opto bracket. I'm thinking this is a design issue.

Not sure how to resolve the issue. I see how the opto bracket is getting smashed. The ball is launched from the shooter and I suspect it is hitting the bracket. I will likely put some mylar on top of the magnet area. Might even get a bit more creative. I've only just found the issue. I'll follow up if I come up with something.

Anyone that buys a DH, I suggest you take it apart and look at the magnet. In my case, it is really mushroomed to the point that the ball is getting caught on it and I'm sure it would start to cause problems if not corrected.

Cheers,
Duane

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-dirty-harry-owners-restorers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.