(Topic ID: 121188)

Question for Current and Former SafeCracker Owners

By beefzap

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am in the market for a Safe Cracker. Played it a few times and liked it. Don't want to overplay one before I buy the pin as I like a little mystery (after all it is a new pin to me)

Current Owners: Why does it have staying power and does it get a lot of play in your collection and why?

Former owners: Why did you sell? would you want one back someday or glad it is gone?

#2 9 years ago

I think it has a LOT of staying power - the board game up top draws a lot of normally un-interested folks to want to play it. (I owned one, and have one out a route. The routed one was *super easy* to get into the board-game since that drew in a lot more people. (Token dispensing was lowered, as to not lose too much on that..))

I still regret selling mine - I did because I was in a difficult time (just graduated school, so school debt and no job) and had to move halfway across the country.

I loved the game so much, I expanded on Matt's original rulesheet. I still (almost) know it like the back of my hand. And this was in '99 when I sold it..!

#3 9 years ago

Current owner. I was out of space for a regular machine, but SC was the proper sized machine to fit in the empty gap. I have also got a good deal on it. It is an interesting game because of its size. I rarely play it, but when I do I play a lot of games in a row. Guests like it and it is also good for small children to play assault the vault and do not bother with launching the balls. They also like the magic tokens.

#4 9 years ago

I have owned mine since 2008. I still enjoy breaking into the vault and winning a token. Assult on the vault is 90 seconds of 4 ball multiball chaos. I guess I haven't sold it as it is a totally different game from any other pin. The timed play, smaller playfield, smaller flippers and backbox board game makes it a welcome change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-current-and-former-safecracker-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.