“What CV Eprom do you use?”

• I use the original CV software. 1 vote
    6%
  • I use the "Free Only" CV software. 17 votes
    94%
  • I have both, and switch them out. 0 votes

(18 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Just a curiosity question... Do you run the non "free play" Eprom version on your CV? If so, why?

-Aaron

#2 11 years ago

Mine came from the previous owner with home roms. I have never seen a reason to change them. I do wish there was a way to turn off Copycat mode (as they did with Roonie), but that's about the only thing I would change.

And Neon multiball. For God's sake Neon needs to come up more often. I had to edit this post to add that since I never see the damn thing and forget about it! Honestly, I've had the game for like 4 years and have only seen it come up once...and that was while someone else was playing it! Grr!

Fix those two things, and it would be over-the-top perfect software!

#3 11 years ago

You can skip animation sequences if you want to speed things up. That's one reason I like it. You can turn off some of the Sideshow modes. There's probably a ton of other subtle stuff that makes it better...but those are the main things I noticed.

#4 11 years ago

That's so weird that everyone says that about the Neon multiball and the home ROMs. I've had mine for around a month, running the home ROMs, and have seen it 5 or 6 times.

#5 11 years ago

I have the original - I just like to play it like it was when it was in the wild.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's so weird that everyone says that about the Neon multiball and the home ROMs. I've had mine for around a month, running the home ROMs, and have seen it 5 or 6 times

I had my CV for 5 years and only saw Neon MB 6-7 times during that span. I also remember never seeing it as an award the first time through a sideshow, only after completing at least one sideshow.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I have the original - I just like to play it like it was when it was in the wild.

I've thought about switching for that same reason, but have run the home ROMs since I got it. I too rarely see neon multiball, but have a couple of times. Funny timing..lust took the Cirqus last night. What a great game!

#8 11 years ago

Home roms are a must. I don't use the skill shot option, makes going to the circus way too easy, but for skipping animations, annoying animations, it's great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-cirqus-voltaire-pinball-owners-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.