Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Morydees
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey gang, first time poster and (finally!) pinball owner, so I hope this is in the right place. I recently picked up a great BoP machine that I'm slowly restoring but I had a question about the back glass. It seems that some of her leg/shoulder lights are not always on but the rest of the body lights are. I verified all leg/shoulder lights work (they flash on test/gameplay) but four of them are dark most of the time and never solid on like the other four. Is this normal?

Pic for refrence. Green is always on solid and never flashes, Red is always off but flashes in gameplay/test: https://i.imgur.com/sh9jmZj.jpg

It's been ~20 years since I actively played BoP but my hunch is that since she's "under construction" that maybe they intended those to be off. But it's still a bit strange to me that she's only half lit most of the time. I tried to spot it in pics/videos on the web but haven't had much luck. Can anyone confirm?

Unrelated, but I also seem to be missing a rubber switch boot just left of the skill shot. It's a different size (larger) than the rest so I'm worried I wont be able to find a replacement. Are those typically hard to find? Pic of boot in question: https://i.imgur.com/YZzy58g.jpg

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

I am not near my machine or manual right now to check, but do the lights in question light when you go through either the GI test or the controlled light test? I know there are flashers and controlled lights in the back box. You can also just look at the light string. Are the lights in question all in line?

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply Randy. I verified they flash on the individual controlled light test (#81-#85) but I hadn't tried the GI test until you mentioned it. Sure enough, they do NOT light up during that but the other lights on her body do. So there's definitely something different about these other four (red circles in above pic). Whether or not it's intentional remains to be seen.

I did also verify these are not classified as flashers. Going through that menu shows all flashers are different lights and are working properly. These four in question (actually five if you count the little welder spark repair guy on the knee) seem like normal lights that just don't stay solid but do flash occasionally during gameplay.

I hope that makes sense. I don't have access to behind the back glass at the moment but I'm uploading a video showing the issue in more detail as we speak.

#4 9 years ago

Okay, here's a video showing the exact issue. Hope it makes sense!

#5 9 years ago

test T8 single lamps they are controlled. . .Funny now that I look, I have the opposite problem with my greens not lighting up but the red ones are.

#7 9 years ago

Okay I'm looking at the board with the glass off and checking T9, all lamps. The lamps on her left are on the GI circuit. If it just those select 4 bulbs, check the bulbs or the connections.
If there are more than those four (like half the backglass) check the 5 amp fuse at f110 the white brown circuit.

#8 9 years ago

Forgive me if I misunderstandd but from your edit it sounds like yours behave just like mine. Red ones not lit, green are?

To confirm, here's what I found when removing the glass. It does seem like those dark ones are not on G/I for whatever reason. Then when doing the T9 test they do flash, along with the jackbot leg track, eyes and mouth/nose. So...does this mean it's working as normal?

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/fkyCdkvl.jpg
Video:

#9 9 years ago

Those ones that are constantly on. They are on the GI circuit . Swing open that board and look at the wires on the backside. You should see they are on the Brown-White GI circuit. Dunno why they made it that way. Perhaps there weren't enough control circuits on the lamp matrix to control them.

#10 9 years ago

Yep, that's exactly what I'm seeing. Thanks for confirming!

Definitely strange they decided to do that but it's probably not as noticeable with regular lights. Using the bright cool white LEDs, however, makes her left side "pop" whereas the right is darker in contrast. So I may just swap back in some warm whites to blend it out more.

Thanks again for all the help. Great community you guys have here

#11 9 years ago

The leg lamps are controlled lights and correspond to Millions of points. They will light up when you make the corresponding shots. It has been a long time since I owned my BOP so I don't remember the exact rules to light them. Should be in your manual. Controlled lamps blink on and off in lamp test.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

The leg lamps are controlled lights and correspond to Millions of points. They will light up when you make the corresponding shots. It has been a long time since I owned my BOP so I don't remember the exact rules to light them. Should be in your manual. Controlled lamps blink on and off in lamp test.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. By "leg" lights I didn't mean the jackpot numbers but instead the "accent"(?) lights that you can see directly through the glass (knee, heel, hip). The photo in the first post shows the ones I mean. They have little "portal" holes so you can literally see the LED behind it so they pop nice and bright at her joints. There are about eight of them.

And for whatever reason, it seems Williams decided the ones on her left side (left shoulder, left elbow, belly button) behave one way (always on, no flashing) and the right side equivalents (right shoulder, knee, heel) behave completely different (always off, flash during gameplay). So when lit with bright cool white LEDs, her left side looks much brighter than the right side when the game is idle.

I've since moved the cool/warm whites around a bit and evened things out. Looks much better! Weird, huh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-bride-of-pinbot-owners-about-back-glass-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.