11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinCrush
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to turn off the SR-DEVIL callouts?

This is kinda a deal breaker for me.
    I had tried on an early software rev and changing the settings had no effect.

"HIT THE FIRE BUTTON TO FIRE THE CANNON"

Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I know you can make it more family friendly, I'm not sure if you can turn off the skull, I mean, the devil entirely.

It should be able to be done, it's not that big of a customization, it's 2012 for chrissakes, I just need some frikkin' sharks with frikkin' lazers.

#3 11 years ago

Is it just that you don't like the voice? Or what he says? You can change the "insult level" to be more family friendly. Personally I did the callouts.

#4 11 years ago

I hate the voice.
    SR had commented on a podcast prior to release the with the insult level set to high, the devil will swear and insult you...I have yet to see this implemented.

If the devil would call me a dirty bitch and tell me to suck one, I would love it!
    As is, the callouts are a stupid annoyance.

#5 11 years ago

I can appreciate you not liking the voice. What I don't understand is how it can be a deal breaker. There really aren't that many of them, I can't imagine being completely turned off of the game because of it.

Quoted from movingpictures:

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to turn off the SR-DEVIL callouts?

This is kinda a deal breaker for me.
    I had tried on an early software rev and changing the settings had no effect.

"HIT THE FIRE BUTTON TO FIRE THE CANNON"

Thanks in advance.

#6 11 years ago

Yea right how the worst I have gotten is "You Suck!" but maybe they will add some stuff. Here's hoping LOL Again I like the voice think its fun, much better than those lame X-Men voices I heard LOL. Hopefully they are using the correct voices in the game because it will be pretty sweet if they do.

#7 11 years ago

The only call out I don't care for is the first "hit the fire button to fire the cannon" phrase. You can turn that off in the game settings under "Turn off instructions".

1 week later
    #8 11 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

I hate the voice.
    SR had commented on a podcast prior to release the with the insult level set to high, the devil will swear and insult you...I have yet to see this implemented.
    If the devil would call me a dirty bitch and tell me to suck one, I would love it!
    As is, the callouts are a stupid annoyance.

I think mine says "... -dammit" during one of the hell modes. I can't make out exactly what he is saying. During Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be I think.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I think mine says "... -dammit" during one of the hell modes. I can't make out exactly what he is saying. During Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be I think.

Heard it better last night. Steve says "Ouch! Dammit" during the Hell mode. I love it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-for-ac-dc-owners-re-callouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.