(Topic ID: 28836)

Question about Tommy

By EJ

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-10-27_19.08.50.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hi, I'm a new Tommy owner and have a question I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with. Under the right ramp (the ramp that goes over the shooter lane), it seems from the pictures I’ve seen that there should be some sort of metal bracket/spacer underneath that ramp (it kind of looks like a spinner bracket), so that balls don’t hit the bottom of the ramp when plunged. Mine doesn’t have it (although there are holes for one to fit in), and I was wondering if anyone knew what that metal piece is called (part number maybe) and where I may be able to find one? You can see the part I am talking about in thefirst and third pic from this link:

http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~jweiss/tommy/

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 11 years ago

Hi, I have been working on a Tommy lately, I have the bracket too but don't know the part number.

Balls have hit it a couple of times, so I gave it a couple of washers too, I think it may also serve as a support for the ramp as well.

I don't imagine it would be hard to fabricate this bracket from scratch if you can't source an original part, if you need pics and dimensions I can get to my machine in a few days time, or maybe another pinsider could help if your in a hurry.

#3 11 years ago

Hi bugray thanks for your offer! It would be awesome if you could post a Pic of the bracket and dimensions . I really appreciate it!

#4 11 years ago

Here's a bad cell phone pic. this one is up on some small spacers to help keep the ball from hitting it on a full plunge.

2012-10-27_19.08.50.jpg2012-10-27_19.08.50.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Thanks, that helps a lot! Do you have any idea where I can get one of those? Is it a common part or just for tommy? Thanks again!

1 month later
    #6 11 years ago

your best bet would be to make one. it is not really identified as a part in the manual. I would make it about 13mm tall above the ramp inside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.