You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SW Prem (resized).jpg
BA67A07E-33A2-43A2-9509-B842E7E21A00 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 2.03.38 PM.png
#1 1 year ago

So I just made my first NIB purchase since I bought Ballyhoo back in 1931, picked up a Godzilla Premium off of, of all things, Amazon.com. Transaction went amazingly smooth and I have zero complaints and zero issues with my new game. So this question does not constitute an immediate need, but, if I were to have a problem inside the warranty period am I going straight to Stern, or is Amazon reselling through a know pinball distributor? If they are there was no indication of that in any of the paperwork I received, machine drop shipped straight from Stern. Maybe Amazon is actually the distributor?? If so does anyone have Jeff Bezo's phone number so I can call if I have a problem?

Also I hope I won't generate any hate with this thread for being "anti-distributor" or anything. Nothing is further from the truth, I had my name on at least 3 wait lists and this just came up before any of them could get me a game. It's not like there are any NIB pinball machines desperate to find buyers nowadays. So that said, while I will always say "support your local distributor" my transaction and delivery experience with Amazon was very satisfactory. It was especially funny to see my echo devices pulsing and giving the notification "One new item has arrived from Amazon, pinball machine has arrived" or something to that effect.

#2 1 year ago

Interested in seeing the responses on this. One of my customers at work (not pinball related) purchased a game for his spouse and deliberately bought from Amazon to take advantage of the warranty availability.

#3 1 year ago

You bought a Ballyhoo in 1931?

Bravo, Sir. You have got to be the longest collector on Pinside.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

If so does anyone have Jeff Bezo's phone number so I can call if I have a problem?

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 2.03.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-16 at 2.03.38 PM.png
#5 1 year ago

Who was the seller listed as on the Amazon listing page? If it was Stern Pinball, you go directly to them for warranty support. If it's Amazon, I don't know -- but I'd suggest starting with Stern when you have a question or problem.

#6 1 year ago

I still remember when Amazon was loaded up with Stranger Things Premiums for $7800 because they couldn’t give them away at that point.

How much things have changed in two years.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Who was the seller listed as on the Amazon listing page? If it was Stern Pinball, you go directly to them for warranty support. If it's Amazon, I don't know -- but I'd suggest starting with Stern when you have a question or problem.

It's just listed as "Stern Pinball Store", so I guess maybe I did just buy directly from Amazon. The checkout process was different than a normal item in that they presented you with available delivery dates and you got to pick. I picked last Friday between 9AM and 12PM and they missed the end of the delivery window by about 45 minutes but no big deal, and the delivery guy had already called me twice to let me know where he was. They delivered with a pallet jack all the way into my garage and the box was in perfect condition so I felt comfortable accepting it. My game was built June 22 and I bought it maybe 2 weeks ago.

#8 1 year ago

I bought a Munsters machine off amazon back in 2019. I've had to get some parts for it and I emailed stern on the support page and included the serial number. They have helped me out without issue with no distributor involved.

That said I do believe there are distributers involved. I've seen Gameroom Goodies (listed as seller), QUALITY TABLEGAMES (listed as seller), and Kinney Billiards and Games (listed as seller) respond to questions on the ads. They also list ‎Stern Pinball [DROPSHIP] for manufacturer. It's possible stern created the entries and as distributors have inventory to list on amazon they can use the existing listings. FWIW I believe mine was purchased from Gameroom Goodies.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

It's just listed as "Stern Pinball Store", so I guess maybe I did just buy directly from Amazon. The checkout process was different than a normal item in that they presented you with available delivery dates and you got to pick. I picked last Friday between 9AM and 12PM and they missed the end of the delivery window by about 45 minutes but no big deal, and the delivery guy had already called me twice to let me know where he was. They delivered with a pallet jack all the way into my garage and the box was in perfect condition so I felt comfortable accepting it. My game was built June 22 and I bought it maybe 2 weeks ago.

That's the common amazon process for any of their freight delivered stuff. Certain TVs or appliance kind of stuff is handled the same way.

#10 1 year ago

the best is when they had JJP, WOZ RR for like 8k or something at the time, wish I had acted on it with 12 months no interest.

#11 1 year ago

I would say if u needs parts or if anything goes bad with it Stern should help u out

#12 1 year ago

Op. Are you like 110 years old?

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Op. Are you like 110 years old?

I was just being a little funny, sometimes tough to convey in text. Among my pinball friends I'm the guy that never turns over his collection as I've owned most of my games for 20 or more years. I also don't tend to buy new games, most of mine now were bought at coin op auctions back in the 90's and 2000's when there were still deals to be had at those. Godzilla is actually IS my second NIB purchase, my first was TSPP back in 2003. I can attest there has been a tad bit of inflation on pinball prices since then, I think I only paid $3200 for Simpsons.

All of that said I have to say GZ has really opened my eyes with how awesome the new games are, we have been playing this thing pretty much nonstop since we set it up on Friday. My daughter came down yesterday and couldn't keep her hands off of it and was quite happy to leave with her name on the Grand Champion score. We have also fully embraced Connect but I think I agree with the poster above that advised not to stick the included sticker on the game, I will likely just post a QR sign someplace away from the game itself for folks to be able to scan. I may just cut the chunk of cardboard from the shipping box that had the code before we throw the box away and use that. I'm also leaving the sticker that came with the game on the backbox.

Thanks to everyone that posted helpful info in this thread!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

the best is when they had JJP, WOZ RR for like 8k or something at the time, wish I had acted on it with 12 months no interest.

I went with 18 months no interest which was a nice deal. My buddy that bought one the same way took the points instead, both seem to be nice incentives to buy through Amazon if you have their card.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

I went with 18 months no interest which was a nice deal. My buddy that bought one the same way took the points instead, both seem to be nice incentives to buy through Amazon if you have their card.

Will that Amazon Prime Store card work for 5% back?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

All of that said I have to say GZ has really opened my eyes with how awesome the new games are,

No, it has opened you’re eyes to how good GZ is. Be really careful assuming they are all the good. Every few years Stern puts out an amazing game. That just happens to be the one you bought.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

For my purchase I went with the cash back

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Yes, but you can't stack the 18 months with it. It's either or deal.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No, it has opened you’re eyes to how good GZ is. Be really careful assuming they are all the good. Every few years Stern puts out an amazing game. That just happens to be the one you bought.

You just hit the nail on the head. For anything I buy I have to sell to both make room and finance the new purchase. So it becomes a real dilemma for me. "I could sell my TZ and it would pay for (insert a random new game here that after the initial hype turned out to be only so-so after all)" and I think I would really regret it. However the 3 games I sold for GZ I think I made the right decision even though I will miss all of them. But then this did turn out so well it makes me want to keep going. I just don't see me being a pre-order guy, a game needs to prove itself before I'm buying.

#20 1 year ago

Is anyone able to see any available pins on Amazon? When searching no real “full-size” pins show up. I was able to find my way to a “Stern Store” but nothing is shown as anything but No Longer Available…

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Is anyone able to see any available pins on Amazon? When searching no real “full-size” pins show up. I was able to find my way to a “Stern Store” but nothing is shown as anything but No Longer Available…

Nothing, guessing they are out of stock

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

sounds like maybe stern is selling direct on amazon?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

When they have some they are gone pretty quickly. When I snagged my GZ there were still some Deadpools available but those are long gone several weeks ago.

1 week later
#24 1 year ago

How much did amazon charge for the pinball?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from galaxian:

How much did amazon charge for the pinball?

MSRP + tax but with free shipping to my garage. Not the cheapest deal out there but far from the worst.

1 week later
#26 1 year ago

Godzilla premium back in stock at amazon

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Godzilla premium back in stock at amazon

Not seeing that but I do see the Mandalorian pro.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Not seeing that but I do see the Mandalorian pro.

I saw it last night but gone now. I really had to resist temptation. A couple clicks and Godzilla appears!

#29 1 year ago

Stern will send a tech out if necessary I believe. I've done a few Stern warranty direct repairs in my area.

2 months later
#30 1 year ago

Stern just put up a Star Wars Premium, Rush Premium & Pro on amazon if anyone is interested. Free shipping and get 5% back with their card. But, you have to pay tax.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

Stern just put up a Star Wars Premium, Rush Premium & Pro on amazon if anyone is interested. Free shipping and get 5% back with their card. But, you have to pay tax.

Woah, old star wars premium without IC is 7500 still?

#32 1 year ago

Star Wars premium is gone

2 weeks later
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Star Wars premium is gone

I didn't want to jinx it, but I was the one who bought it. With the transit time of a few weeks and the fact this was too good to be true, I kept my mouth shut. It just showed up, and although the listing was in the old format w/o any mention of IC, it came with it! I thought this was going to be a dusty closeout from the back of the warehouse or have forklift holes right in the middle. Instead it's the best looking NIB box I've received.

Fingers crossed it looks as good inside.

SW Prem (resized).jpgSW Prem (resized).jpg

BA67A07E-33A2-43A2-9509-B842E7E21A00 (resized).jpegBA67A07E-33A2-43A2-9509-B842E7E21A00 (resized).jpeg

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I didn't want to jinx it, but I was the one who bought it. With the transit time of a few weeks and the fact this was too good to be true, I kept my mouth shut. It just showed up, and although the listing was in the old format w/o any mention of IC, it came with it! I thought this was going to be a dusty closeout from the back of the warehouse or have forklift holes right in the middle. Instead it's the best looking NIB box I've received.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome deal.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:I didn't want to jinx it, but I was the one who bought it. With the transit time of a few weeks and the fact this was too good to be true, I kept my mouth shut. It just showed up, and although the listing was in the old format w/o any mention of IC, it came with it! I thought this was going to be a dusty closeout from the back of the warehouse or have forklift holes right in the middle. Instead it's the best looking NIB box I've received.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ve order a few games through Amazon and the box and game always arrive in perfect condition.

#36 1 year ago

Wow!

#37 1 year ago

I have to admit, a couple times I almost added one to cart after a few beers. Should have bought that DP when it first came out. I'm kicking myself

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I have to admit, a couple times I almost added one to cart after a few beers. Should have bought that DP when it first came out. I'm kicking myself

My SW Prem was the morning after a few beers… where I cursed out the Pro that night before. I saw the SW Prem on Amazon and double taked, asked my collector friend if I was about to impulse purchase a game I find annoying while in a haze. Once we both determined the ad was real, I pulled the trigger. FWIW, I really like the Prem so far, but I’m also dialing it in the way I like it. So far no regrets. Best hangover purchase ever.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

My SW Prem was the morning after a few beers… where I cursed out the Pro that night before. I saw the SW Prem on Amazon and double taked, asked my collector friend if I was about to impulse purchase a game I find annoying while in a haze. Once we both determined the ad was real, I pulled the trigger. FWIW, I really like the Prem so far, but I’m also dialing it in the way I like it. So far no regrets. Best hangover purchase ever.

Amazon or any online retail option can be dangerous.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Amazon or any online retail option can be dangerous.

Yup. But we verified it was listed from Stern’s official Amazon page where they sell direct to consumer. Same page you can get a Rush Pro/Prem right now.

So yeah, our antennae were up, but 10min later when we both combed through it, it was crystal clear Stern either made a typo, or posted a great game at the cheapest NIB price around, and it thankfully was the latter. And with Amazon, either I was getting my money refunded if something went awry or a SW Prem was showing up at my door at a steal. Again, the latter.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup. But we verified it was listed from Stern’s official Amazon page where they sell direct to consumer. Same page you can get a Rush Pro/Prem right now.
So yeah, our antennae were up, but 10min later when we both combed through it, it was crystal clear Stern either made a typo, or posted a great game at the cheapest NIB price around, and it thankfully was the latter. And with Amazon, either I was getting my money refunded if something went awry or a SW Prem was showing up at my door at a steal. Again, the latter.

I meant dangerous for the wallet after a having some beers. All it takes is a CC and couple clicks of button.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-sterns-purchased-on-amazon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.