3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by slashfive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So, my husband and I, now have two new Sterns IM/BM66. How does one decipher all of these settings? Most are obviously easy 3-10 balls, free play, etc. However, I don’t understand all of these kHz for the sound of ohms, or settings for the crane and such. Are these described on the website somewhere?

#2 3 years ago

leave it stock and adjust how many extra balls you want, tilt warnings etc. speciifc game settings per crane etc is just how hard you want it to be and those are usually only adjusted for tourney use to lower game play times. you really don't need change any of that unless you want it more difficult.

#3 3 years ago

and no there is no info per setting avail on Stern website per each setting per title.

#4 3 years ago

Your games' manuals will provide full listings of all the available adjustments and some limited info on each. Your best bet is to do a forum search on this site (using key words as applicable) for the settings that you're looking for additional info on.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Your games' manuals will provide full listings of all the available adjustments and some limited info on each. Your best bet is to do a forum search on this site (using key words as applicable) for the settings that you're looking for additional info on.

You apparently have looked at Stern Spike 2 manuals then.......

#6 3 years ago

Iron Man might say in the manual but newer games don't give any description. Many of the standard adjustments are the same as they were in older games so you can reference those, but all the game specific settings there's no way to find out

#7 3 years ago

A thousand pardons - I was not aware that Spike 2 game manuals no longer included this info.

A forum search is still a great resource most of the time though.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply’s. Does any one know which MHz I’m supposed to pick? One sounds higher or lower? Neither sounds better than the other for Iron Maiden. There is a slight difference on Batman.

#9 3 years ago

Stick with the default sound settings and you should be fine. I'm betting that 99% of game owners do.

#10 3 years ago

Ok. Thanks.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside