(Topic ID: 220799)

Question about service bulletin 163 issues

By CadillacMusic

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadillacmusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Got a world poker tour that's being weird. The main problem is that the game keeps ejecting all the balls out of the trough. Even when you put them in when in test mode, they still eject out. Turn the game off, turn it on, start a new game, they eject out. This is not an issue with the trough or ball jam switches; they're registering correctly. It also has a sub problem of thinking the ticket opto switch is on, but I don't care about that. The service bulletin says multiball may last forever. I can't tell if that's the issue here. From the way they wrote it, it sounds like it should end when you turn the game off and back on. That it only happens when you've had a multiball. Does anyone have more info on this?

#3 5 years ago

Um, 99 percent sure? Usually it shows up in test mode if the opto is bad. I've never had a bad opto that didn't show in test mode.

#5 5 years ago

Chaz from Stern seems to think burning a new boot ROM will let me interface with a modern thumb drive, and that if I upgrade the software version, everything should be fine. He said he'd e-mail me the boot ROM, but I give it a 50/50 chance, knowing stern.

I did plug and unplug the optos, just to make sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadillacmusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-service-bulletin-163-issues?tu=cadillacmusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.