9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Industen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

hello,i want to scan the decal of insert on my bally atlantis to reproduce it.what is the best set up in resolution in pixel in the portable scan to do a best job? thanks!!!

#2 9 years ago

You should vector the image after you scan if you want the best look. Then laser cut or skill saw 1/8th acrylic to the size, print the image on a water slide or translucent decal. Use a good laser printer then transfer he image.

Edit

Oops sorry, thought you mean plastics.

Just scan the image, vector it, print it on sticky back translucent paper or water slide decals then apply.

#3 9 years ago

I scan at 300dpi

If there is white color in your scan you will have to get your water slide decals printed at a hobby shop (unless you have an Alps printer at home that can print white).

#4 9 years ago

thanks!!where i can find a free vector logiciel easy to use?i am newbie for build a insert decal...

#5 9 years ago

Free and easy to use sounds like a tall order, lol.

What programs do you use now for creating artwork?

#6 9 years ago

I use nothing, im a beginer in this area.

#7 9 years ago

Start with GIMP and see how intuitive it is for you.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

#8 9 years ago

You can vector with Inkscape for free. You can vector the image with a click but it may leave some artifacts that you have to work out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-scaning-insert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.