Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

Waffling between purchasing an Iron Maiden Pro or Premium. I know the issues with the Newton ball, Sarcophagus lock and ramp have been discussed on the Premium/LE.
Those that have purchased a recent IM have you had these same problems? Have they been corrected by Stern?
Thanks

#2 4 years ago

I can relate. I played the Pro and LE several times and then waffled in agony for a long time between Prem and Pro and had a really hard time deciding. I ended up going with the Pro partly based on the feedback on these forums relating to price difference /value, limited impact in gameplay, and potential issues with the items you mentioned. This was my first NIB purchase and the last thing I wanted with a $6K-$8K machine was to problem solve those items if they happened (save that for the auto-launcher!) The Pro has exceeded my expectations and in retro, I would make the same decision. It is solid and a workhorse. I am an IMDN fan so visually the discography of Eddies on the translite felt more true to a "greatest hits" representation that matched the playfield and song selection. Plus, the side art and overall colors of the Pro look even better in-home. I ended up spending some of the "savings" by customizing with a shaker, upgraded glass, art blades, and a stern mat. Good luck with your decision!

#3 4 years ago

I’d go with a pro. A distributor should be able to get it delivered to your door for $5400-5500

#4 4 years ago

Just got a premium last week, no big issues

Added over 5 years ago:

... except for auto plunge issues that everyone has

#5 4 years ago

I've had a Premium since July and aside from the ubiquitous auto-launcher issue (same as the Pro) and one problem with the ramp sticking (easily fixed with some oil) I haven't seen any of the other reported issues.

Or maybe I just jinxed myself.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

Waffling between purchasing an Iron Maiden Pro or Premium. I know the issues with the Newton ball, Sarcophagus lock and ramp have been discussed on the Premium/LE.
Those that have purchased a recent IM have you had these same problems? Have they been corrected by Stern?
Thanks

Premium problems are by and large fixed. Having spent extensive time on both, I recommend the Premium. They play a LOT different, and the Premium is more fun, IMO.

#7 4 years ago

I'd look at the Newton-ball and Sarcophagus-lock as; a known issue and what to look for. Even if one or more issue is less likely in today's production, these issues may always arise. You need to be an astute machine tech/owner regardless of the machine you purchase. Having this knowledge makes you a 'slightly' better machine tech and/or machine owner.

I find more interest in the premium.

3 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

I just got the premium last month and after one night both newton balls stop working. Super easy fix though. I put some lock tight on the threads and tighten the post back up to the ball. It wiggles loose and I just tighten it up with my fingers. I’m no fan of working on these units but it’s been fine ever since

#9 4 years ago

Can someone please provide a link or explain here the known corrective fixes required to address the know issues on IM?

#10 4 years ago

Go pro.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can someone please provide a link or explain here the known corrective fixes required to address the know issues on IM?

If you're buying new, most of them are addressed from the factory. Otherwise the Iron Maiden issues thread documents them pretty well. Having played both Pro and Prem extensively, the Prem/LE is the way to go. Great gameplay experience, and cool effects.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-recent-iron-maiden-run?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.