Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150604_214716.jpg
20150604_214647.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I would triple-thick your glass IMHO only because you say "it's starting to bubble". That tells me it has de-laminated and will probably get worse. A scratch or nick in the paint doesn't qualify for sealing but bubbling does. By sealing the glass you will prevent any future damage if done correctly.

This is great information and I've saved it. I want to TT my backglasses to protect them but how do you get a United woodrail backglass out of the backbox? It doesn't have the lever that holds the board with workings in like the wedgeheads do.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You might want to start another thread and ask that question hoping a United owner sees it. Also, search old threads here and on rec.games.pinball using the keywords United backglass.

I was hoping you or a United woodrail owner would know. Will do what you suggested and update here.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've never owned a United - maybe someday.......

There's something about United's backglass art and the games themselves that I like. Maybe someday I'll get a second one to put next to the one I have.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

It depends on the era of the game, but one of the 4 molding pieces should have screws. Unscrew those, remove that piece of molding, and the backglass slides out. It's usually the left or right side molding piece.

It's a 1949 United "UTAH" pinball machine and I found two screws on each side of the backbox but I want to be careful with this backglass. You don't see this game every day, it would be hard to find a replacement.

20150604_214647.jpg20150604_214647.jpg

There was also a suggestion that the strip on top of the backbox needs to be removed for the backglass to come out in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-mfg-woodrail-backglass-removal#post-2492818

20150604_214716.jpg20150604_214716.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-protecting-backglass?tu=PinballFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.