Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

There is a situation that occurs fairly commonly when playing pinball. In a row of games, someone makes a slide save, and moves the machine closer to one of the adjacent games. If they don't tilt, they usually complete their ball. Now, it is the next player's turn, but they might be uncomfortably close to the adjacent game. If someone is playing that game, the two players may be bumping hands while trying to play. So, ideally, we need the game to be put back in the original position.

Here's the question: should the first player have responsibility to try to slide the game to the original position? If so, he would probably do so during the Bonus count period, and would risk a tilt during this time. Or, is it the responsibility of the second player, who now risks a tilt on his ball? Or, do we now just wait until the adjacent game completes play, and try to complete the original game in the adjusted, maybe awkward position? Is there an official rule about this, or is this just an etiquette question?

I think the games should have a period where the dangers/tilts are turned off, to allow players to make such adjustments. Perhaps it should be off until a player plunges their ball. That way, a player can get the game in position before beginning their ball.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

I think its bad form to be beating on someone elses machine so
    much its being physically moved. I know I would not appreciate it
    if my machines were treated like that.
    Steve

The situation I asked about is more likely to come up in a competitive environment. Either in a tournament, or playing cash games. Not likely to occur as much in a casual game environment. You're really bringing up a separate etiquette question about how much someone should manipulate a game in a private setting. In my experience, most people won't get too aggressive with your games unless they know you're OK with it.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

No,Not cool!!! If your so heavy handed,you should put the game back where it was!! I can't imagine in a competitive situation that moving that table wouldn't result in a tilt!!I know when I play a tournament,and move the table,I get a tilt!

Slide saves are very common, and they don't always tilt. So, DNO, you think there is no responsibility on either player to move it back? Just better to leave it and deal with the awkward position? I always feel like this is rude to the people playing in the adjacent game. No? And btw, where were you yesterday? No Carnage for you this year?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-pinball-etiquette?tu=Russell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.