Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Angyalpor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1405.JPG
IMG_1404.JPG
Pinball_Armor_#6.jpg
Pinball_Armor_#5.jpg
Pinball_Armor_#4.jpg
Pinball_Armor_#3.jpg
Pinball_Armor_#2.jpg
Pinball_Armor_#1.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I just purchased an excellent WPT and am looking to protect it when it's not in use. Can I get a recommendation on a good pin cover? I found this one on amazon.

amazon.com link »

Any thoughts on the quality of this one?

Thanks in advance!

#3 7 years ago

I have the first type and they are nice as dust covers but won't protect against liquids. They also don't fit very well with the head folded down. You can also get them much cheaper on ebay.

#4 7 years ago

Hi!

Or you can check it here...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-cover

Dust, sun and water proof, in various colors...

Have a nice day

Andras

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone!

#6 7 years ago

The best cover I've seen by far is the one made by Pinball Armor. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for ...

http://www.pinballarmor.com/

Pinball_Armor_#1.jpg Pinball_Armor_#2.jpg Pinball_Armor_#3.jpg Pinball_Armor_#4.jpg Pinball_Armor_#5.jpg Pinball_Armor_#6.jpg

#7 7 years ago

Wow, all they are made of is a moving blanket and canvas? Materials cost for that thing might be $45. I'd rather make that myself than pay $250! Besides, there's a sewable material I've found that I'm going to use for my custom cover's middle layer that is UV shielded and waterproof. I didn't think about using a moving blanket for the padding but that's stronger and yet cheaper than what I was going to use for the bottom layer!

#8 7 years ago

I had some of the ones you posted a link for and they were poorly constructed (cheap stitching, baggy, and didn't say in place due to the magnet misplacement). Andras's covers are very nice - light weight, machine fitted, smaller magnets, better construction, wrinkle free material, and water resistant. I replaced all of my old covers with his.

1 month later
#9 6 years ago

I have some available that my mother in law makes. The fabric is black and moving blanket-like (quilted), but softer. The body and head are two pieces, but can attach to each other along the folds by velcro. The head front can be flipped up or put down and attached by velcro. The body is held on by magnets. The cover hangs down slightly below the bottom of the game, so there are no exposed spots other than the back of the base cabinet.

They aren't water-proof, but I don't keep my pins outside, nor do I store them in a boat, so I don't worry about that aspect much. They can be made for widebodies or standard and the shooter rod hole can be customized for a rod, gun, or launch button (no hole). Topper customization is also possible, but more difficult if I do not have the particular game to model from.

I sell them for $80 plus shipping. If you order multiples, I can break the price a little. Attached are some pictures of a standard body with shooter rod hole. PM with questions or orders.

IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1405.JPG IMG_1407.JPG

#10 6 years ago

Thanks Mike for the good words!
Here is a few pictures from the covers. In that thread there are a few version, with, or without backbox part, topper, embroidery...
The website for them will come soon!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-cover/page/3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dallas, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside