(Topic ID: 126715)

Question about new Stern/Kiss flipper wiring.

By Pinstym

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinstym
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kissboxfaces.JPG
kissboxtop.JPG
Kissflipperbox.JPG

#1 8 years ago

I guess about 8 years ago I built a flipper box for my buddy so he could play his Bally Kiss pinball machine. He was paralyzed in an accident and left with limited use of his arms and hands. I soldered wires to the existing flipper switch wires in the cabinet (so I can still play against him using the normal flippers on the game) and ran them through a hole in the bottom of the cab out to the box. When the box is placed on his lap, he can use his hands to work the flippers.

After hearing the news of a new Kiss machine and seeing the pics today, he asked me if I thought I could do the same thing if he were somehow able to get one of these new machines some day.

So is the flipper wiring pretty much the same idea with a new Stern as it was on the old Bally game?

Thanks for any input!
Kissflipperbox.JPGKissflipperbox.JPG
kissboxtop.JPGkissboxtop.JPG
kissboxfaces.JPGkissboxfaces.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Other than the switches in the new Kiss being low voltage and the older switches in the original Kiss being high voltage you should be able to make the exact same box and wire it up exactly the same and get the same result.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks! Hopefully I get a chance to make another box

#4 8 years ago

Yeah.. unless the new stern system went to opto switches like Williams it'll be a piece of cake.

#5 8 years ago

Way to go! That box is friggin awesome! I, too, hope you get a chance to make another for your friend!

#6 8 years ago

Stym,

That box looks awesome! Who did the artwork for it? Did you handdraw it yourself?

Its great that you did this for your buddy! I am sure he really appreciated it!

Ed

#7 8 years ago

Thanks Ed, i did the artwork, but the faces were a trace job from a photo of the cabinet. The design on top is pretty much taken from what's going on in the plastics. I'll have to bring you over Carl's so you can check it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-new-sternkiss-flipper-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.