Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The Quick Draw I am restoring right now has a donor cabinet (the Quick Draw cabinet was beyond repair). The donor cabinet for some reason is missing the metal plate on the bottom of it that protects the coin box.

It may be too late for me to add that given the stage I’m at, and the person I’m selling it to probably won’t even care about that plate, but I was just curious how one puts the metal plate back on since it is wider than the bottom of the cabinet. Looks like it might slide into the grooves cut into the side pieces? Would you have to put it on when the cabinet is completely disassembled? I can’t see a way to put it on when the cabinet’s assembled.

#2 6 years ago

Not that I have done this- mind you.... but I have had a couple Gottlieb cabinets apart a bit and they do usually have play between the cabinet bottom and the cut out/slot it sits in- although I admit that’s usually not as prevalent up front where you need the gap-

But, I would try to wedge and even using a rubber mallet- hammer one edge in and then bend the metal into an arc and flatten with force to wedge the other side in. Gotta be a little careful- you can split stuff if it’s to tight. May be a lost cause depending on how far apart you had this and how much clamping and gluing you have done. Anyhow- obviously not an important piece for home use... hopefully that’s the destination else some work may be required.

Edit- the more I think about this the more risky it seems. I would have to look really carefully at how much I needed to bend the metal, how much gap there was etc etc etc... it would be a hell of a lot easier with the cabinet upside down... and if it’s even looking possible, whatever you do- think it through and go slow. This is one of those things I would probably try and if I broke something I would be pissed but feel like I knew there was a chance- ya win some ya loose some.

#3 6 years ago

Take the metal panel, cut some off of the edges that have to go into the slots for the bottom board. Trim enough to allow one side to slip into the slot. Then slide the panel into the other side. (Like a sliding window, and how they are held in the window frame). The trick will be to have enough metal remaining to hold it in place. You could also put a few dabs of an adhesive on the final positioning.
Until the cabinet is taken apart in 20 or 30 years from now, know one will notice the smaller piece of metal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-metal-panel-on-bottom-of-gottlieb-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.