Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BlackCert.JPG
Gottlieb Manufacture Certificate.jpg
2013-01-15_05-34-39_294.jpg
2013-01-12_15-45-29_238.jpg
spincert.JPG
20150409_192350.jpg

#1 4 years ago

This may be an ignorant (if not anal) question, but I'll ask anyway: What do my fellow EM enthusiasts do about the Manufacturer's Certificates that are usually found on the left side of the top-arch on their EM games?

Leave them? Remove them as part of restoration? Replace them (are there replacement ones like what you can get with Score Cards?). They're pretty ratty looking from age and wear and I wasn't sure what the preferred thing to do with these are. Should I just leave it (as part of the aged look of the machine)?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

Usually if they are readable/not to ratty I leave them... If they are gone/destroyed I replace them

20150409_192350.jpg

spincert.JPG

#3 4 years ago

It would be up to you. If the label is rough looking it could be easily removed from a metal apron. If it matches the rest of your games patina, just leave it there. It is a Tax Certificate and in this day and age is more of a conversation piece. IMHO.

#4 4 years ago

I would leave it. It's part of the machine's history.

#5 4 years ago

I leave them. I also leave old tax stickers. I had an operator's license sticker on the backglass and it always was a conversation piece when non-pinball people came over to play and saw it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Usually if they are readable/not to ratty I leave them... If they are gone/destroyed I replace them
20150409_192350.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
spincert.JPG

whats with the "R"
I have seen "S" for sample
what is R something I never have come across

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

whats with the "R"
I have seen "S" for sample
what is R something I never have come across

Read through this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/registering-pinball-macines-on-ipsnd

#8 4 years ago

If they stay on after the pressure wash, I just leave them there.

#9 4 years ago

thanks Force! I missed that thread.. i know for a time the serial was place behind the tilt board inside the cab to the left. i had a few around 67-68 that it was stamped there and not on the cross bar.
i will dig through some pics and see if i have a shot of one.

#10 4 years ago

here is a target pool that shows the serial number behind the tilt board

2013-01-12_15-45-29_238.jpg 2013-01-15_05-34-39_294.jpg
#11 4 years ago

i leave it... although there a few that i'd like to repro, because even by my standards, they have a bit TOO much patina...

#12 4 years ago

kind of like that one i just posted chris? toasty

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

kind of like that one i just posted chris? toasty

yup...

y'know what i think would be cool to get made up? remember how all the games always had an operator sticker on them as well? i'd like to make up some labels that identify "me" as the operator and stick them on there...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

20150409_192350.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
spincert.JPG

That is a very good repro of the certificate pinhead52. Are you able to share the proof pls? Thks.

#15 4 years ago

here's the blank cert

#16 4 years ago
BlackCert.JPG
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

here's the blank cert

Thks pinhead52 much appreciated. When that space is blank a machine is missing something so you have helped me greatly.

#18 4 years ago

If you do a restore on the playfield and repaint the arch and use a Pinball Rescue decal (only on Gottliebs, thanks a ton, Planetary ), it would look bad if you don't do the upper arch and reproduce the certficate also.

#19 4 years ago

Is anyone able to confirm whether a Manufacturers Certificate was included on GTB El Dorado pls?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Is anyone able to confirm whether a Manufacturers Certificate was included on GTB El Dorado pls?

Since there is no upper arch on El Dorado and the plastic shields are located where the sticker goes, there is none I'm assuming. I don't remember seeing one when I shopped the game adhered to the playfield under the light shields. I looked in the paperwork and didn't find one either. Maybe they just didn't include it with this title. If anyone with an El Dorado, Gold Strike, Target Alpha, Solar City, etc., finds one, let us know.

#21 4 years ago

Yes thks Dave I also had checked the database and various images and ElD seems not to have one-that's odd notwithstanding the upper arch.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Yes thks Dave I also had checked the database and various images and ElD seems not to have one-that's odd notwithstanding the upper arch.

I remember seeing an El Dorado that I was going to buy. Had the tax sticker on the lower apron. That was back in 1982.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Feasterville-trevose, PA
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 64.95
$ 38.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside