6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi, following almost 30 years of two inch flippers during the 50s, 60s and 70s the three inch flipper was introduced at the end of the 70s. I was wondering which company introduced this three inch flipper and on what game.

#3 6 years ago

For Gottlieb, I believe it was 1971's "Now," advertised as having "King Size Flippers for king size fun!"

Interesting thing is they made a few more short flipper games after this including Drop a Card.

Not sure when Bally made the switch, or if Bally or Williams made any 2 inch games after introducing the 3 inch bats.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

if Bally or Williams made any 2 inch games after introducing the 3 inch bats.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1680

#6 6 years ago

Bally Mariner (71) has 3" flippers.

Seems like most manufacturers had used then well before the late 70s

#8 6 years ago

William's Suspense was another early game that used 3inch flippers, advertised as "king size". I read somewhere that since they were new, they also included 2 inch flippers on the game to softly introduce them to players.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-introduction-of-3-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.