Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

suicide.gif
    pasted_image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Everyone cares about the money

Honestly I could care less about paying $15 to sell a $2500 pin.

I will avoid those who make a point to pass that fee onto me when selling their games.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinpast:

LOL, you silly.
    Every seller is now required to pay the fee.
    Seller gets money from buyer, seller pays fee
    with money he gets from buyer.
    ergo, buyer pays the fee.
    Buyer cannot avoid paying the fee.
    Do you really think the napkins from McDonalds are free???
    The customer pays for everything. Economics 101

Of course the buyer pays the fee. I said I would avoid those who make a point of it in their add....like JD $2400 plus $15 Pinside fee.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I have no problem paying up for selling a game.....that being said, I predict fewer pins being listed, and donations will shrink. Both are bad for pinside I would think. Also, since the site will become fee based instead of donation, the level of bitching is going to skyrocket even higher(if that's possible). Is no longer a "free" site, leaving lots of room for people to interject their opinions.

Again....reading is fundamental. Pinside is NOT becoming a 'fee based' site. You can come here and post and read to your hearts content FOR FREE.....just like always (why is this so hard to grasp for so many?).

You can donate like always if you wish to.
    You do pay a fee if you SELL A GAME.
    You can also choose to pay an annual fee and get premium content.....like adding pics to PM's etc....
    You also get a discount on the fee for selling games if you do pay for the premium content.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

So the site is not fee based but parts of the site are fee based?

Well I wouldn't say "parts" more like one thing......selling a game.

#65 8 years ago

This is not a matter of opinion. Pinside will remain free to use as far as posting and reading....hell even selling mods and parts will still remain free. Only the sale of actual games is being assessed a small (.5% or less) fee.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Does this include the hundreds of machines distributers sell as a result of posting info about them here?

I know you're just trying to be funny (and sometimes you are ) but that came across a little douchy.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm totally serious. If they are selling games because of advertising them here, they are making a profit, unlike many that aren't making a dime off games they sell. Shouldn't they pay a fee on each one?

If they post them for sale... Yes, otherwise no. Seems simple to me.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

What's to stop someone from just saying it did not sell on pinside and sold through craigslist or elsewhere?

It's on the honor system. But if you get caught abusing it then you might not be allowed to sell anything here anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-fee-chargd-for-selling?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.