Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

suicide.gif
    pasted_image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

Look, this is Robin's site and he can do what he wants. If the sale is BECAUSE of the pinside listing, then I don't mind paying the fee. But, I multiple list when selling a game (ie: MrPinball, CL, here, RGP, etc).

But, should this site be subsidized JUST by those selling games? What about all those people designing/selling mods, add-ons, etc and basically exclusively marketing here, are they being asked to pay something?

Lastly, the way it was before was a good way of doing it. When your ad was marked sold, there was a suggestion to make a donation if Pinside helped you sell your game. But, I'm involved in this hobby in another way where we facilitate the sale of many, many games yet don't collect any commission. Not only that, at the Midwest Gaming Classic we will give you benefits for bringing your games whether they are there for sale or not.

While I'm not opposed in principal to what Pinside is doing on this front, it does seem there are issues in how this change was presented and rolled out. Should you donate to Pinside if you use it regularly? Definitely. Do I think you should you be forced to do so? No. There are other sites who do that and I don't think the result is positive.

My 2 cents.
    Jaz

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Arguably everyone's getting off cheap given that we're talking about a 0.5% fee here.
    That said, if you can convince Robin that fees should be based on profit/loss rather than sale price that will work out nicely for me since I'd actually get paid to list pins when I inevitably sell them at a loss.

Sure, a small % of the sale price but as most people here are aware, there isn't much money to be made in pinball. How many people here make little to no profit on a sale or, much more likely, taken a loss on a game. So, as I've said, Robin et al can do what they want, let's not start skewing the story. If I sell a game for maybe $100 more than I paid for it, and it's an A title, I'm expected to pay half of that to pinside? Again, people now know that going in and can choose to list or not list here. But, let's not start making it sound like it's this minuscule % of revenue.

My 2 cents.
    Jaz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-fee-chargd-for-selling?tu=Jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.