3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

suicide.gif
    pasted_image.png

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are also the ones that I would say need the marketing services of pinside the least.

Some of them maybe. But others have used this site as a complete tool to sell hundreds of games and then probably give back as little as possible.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Arguably everyone's getting off cheap given that we're talking about a 0.5% fee here.
    That said, if you can convince Robin that fees should be based on profit/loss rather than sale price that will work out nicely for me since I'd actually get paid to list pins when I inevitably sell them at a loss.

Sure, a small % of the sale price but as most people here are aware, there isn't much money to be made in pinball. How many people here make little to no profit on a sale or, much more likely, taken a loss on a game. So, as I've said, Robin et al can do what they want, let's not start skewing the story. If I sell a game for maybe $100 more than I paid for it, and it's an A title, I'm expected to pay half of that to pinside? Again, people now know that going in and can choose to list or not list here. But, let's not start making it sound like it's this minuscule % of revenue.

My 2 cents.
    Jaz

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

If I sell a game for maybe $100 more than I paid for it, and it's an A title, I'm expected to pay half of that to pinside?
    Jaz

One might also say that if you had not had the Pinside marketplace as a means to access more possible buyers, you might have taken a $500 or $1000 loss on the sale? Just saying.....

#104 3 years ago

Honestly I've had more luck selling on craigslist than pinside. Pinsiders tend to ask for 1k pictures and are so picky that it sometimes makes the sale unbearable. I much rather have a local guy find the ad on craigslist and stop by to look at the machine than send 15 emails back and forth and take a bunch of pictures. Especially when I'm selling the game for no profit and a lot of times for a loss. With that said. I have no qualms about paying the fee if I make a sale on pinside since it does give maximum exposure to pinheads.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven't seen one thread from Trent advertising NIBs and he sells the most.

He sells more than Betson or Shaffer?

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Honestly I've had more luck selling on craigslist than pinside. Pinsiders tend to ask for 1k pictures and are so picky that it sometimes makes the sale unbearable. I much rather have a local guy find the ad on craigslist and stop by to look at the machine than send 15 emails back and forth and take a bunch of pictures. Especially when I'm selling the game for no profit and a lot of times for a loss. With that said. I have no qualms about paying the fee if I make a sale on pinside since it does give maximum exposure to pinheads.

I second this. Even when it's a rocky sale on CL, it's much easier dealing wit th one tire kicker at a time than a pile on of know-it-alls that have no intention of buying it anyway.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He sells more than Betson or Shaffer?

Not sure. Just thought he sold a lot if not the most.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. Just thought he sold a lot if not the most.

Wasn't Trent on the C2C Expo podcast saying he's got the top Stern sales numbers? Thought so but could be wrong.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Wasn't Trent on the C2C Expo podcast saying he's got the top Stern sales numbers? Thought so but could be wrong.

Either way my point was that I don't think any of these distros are gonna kick up a fuss to pay a small fee to help them sell some games. However if other distros are anything like the ones in my area, their advertisements all over every coin operated piece of equipment so they get tons more exposure that way for free, rather than use pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 89.99
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside